News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[4938] Files to wait stops on 1%

Started by Acer1, February 13, 2012, 12:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Acer1

Sorry for my Bad English.... i have this translate with BabelFish  I hope you can understand me !
Hello after a server removal our 2nd Attachmentordner points an error message out on and fprdert for repairing. If one clicks on maintenance, then she stops on 1%, no matter how for a long time one lets it run. Does not count as in a loop down 2 - 1 - 0 however it passes anything. Does someone have an idea as I to get ahead there can? Thank-beautifully

emanuele

Unfortunately it's not very clear (at least to me)...

The problem seems to be related to the attachment maintenance that stops after a while (1%) and doesn't continue. But I can't understand the conditions this happens.

Would you mind post in the German board and get some help to translate the text in English?

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Illori

it seems like if you have a lot of attachments that need to be repaired it takes a long time to get it to move past 1% depending on server config. i had helped a user and it took an hour+ to get it really moving.

emanuele

And then after the 1% does it go "normally"?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Illori

in this case it took HOURS to finish, and i never really saw it get past maybe 5% while i was watching and had to disable admin security so it could keep going after the 1 hour timeout

emanuele

Just out of curiosity: how many attachments are we talking about?

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Illori

they had 60473 to start and at end
Quote from: Illori on January 26, 2012, 09:24:04 AM
the repair process has completed, your forum now says you have 20208 attachments. although under file maintenance it says you have 9842 attachments.

Acer1

I do it already in the German forum transmission however there could help! I had this maintenance 24 hours to run had however however still 1%!

ThorstenE

AFAIK Acer has more than one attachments folder configured and this seems to be the issue..

Acer1

Quote from: Illori on February 13, 2012, 01:01:38 PM
in this case it took HOURS to finish, and i never really saw it get past maybe 5% while i was watching and had to disable admin security so it could keep going after the 1 hour timeout

Jippyyyyyyyyyyyyyy  i have the admin security disable ...wait 3 Hours and now is all good !!!!!!!!! Thank you ! 

emanuele

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

emanuele

And that one in fact could've been another bug (I hope) I fixed in 2.1...not sure if I want to close it now or not...

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

emanuele

If anyone is having the same problem, could you please try that code?
In ManageAttachments.php:
Code (find) Select
$_GET['substep'] = empty($_GET['substep']) ? 0 : (int) $_GET['substep'];
Code (replace with) Select
$context['starting_substep'] = $_GET['substep'] = empty($_GET['substep']) ? 0 : (int) $_GET['substep'];
and
Code (find) Select
if (time() - array_sum(explode(' ', $time_start)) < 3)
Code (replace with) Select
if (time() - array_sum(explode(' ', $time_start)) < 3 || $context['starting_substep'] == $_GET['substep'])

That should speed up the maintenance of an order of magnitude or so. :P

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Arantor

All the related issues have been marked as solved in Mantis, with a note that the whole 'admin security' matter is still relevant in https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/issues/644

Any further discussion should be on Github; this is unlikely to be solved in 2.0 and all effort is really on 2.1 at this point in time.

Advertisement: