News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

CLS SideBar

Started by ClickSafe, February 18, 2012, 08:13:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClickSafe

Deaks

interesting design ... unsure if I like it specially if you have the admin bar on the left it creates 2 columns
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Crip

Very nice & interesting Theme..
   ;)  Congrats!
I have become comfortably numb!

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -

TOTM Winner. | Demo Site1on1 Theme Support

Antechinus

You are taking an awful lot of width for content that could easily be made more compact. ;)

TheLookBook

Great theme, just installed today and found this post with my answer. The side menu bar is a little wide but ok. Is there a way to modify it inside the theme code without making a mess? Love the Theme and thanks.

Quote from: ClickSafe on February 18, 2012, 04:55:59 PM
I will work on this Antechinus.
It was my first theme  :D ... but i will make the side menu smaller  ;)
In my second theme (ButtonBar) it is already much better.

Thank you for your opinion!
Keep Your "Dreams" Alive!

TheLookBook

Quote from: ClickSafe on February 25, 2012, 03:36:15 AM
Hello TheLookBook,
Thanks for your opinion and using the theme.
What you want to change? Maybe it's something what makes this theme better  ::)
I like new ideas in advantage of this and others ClickSafe themes.

The side bar is great when logged in but for visitors the side bar covers just over the edge and my ads overlap the side bar and the translater dropdown is covered. Some things are slightly covered See snapshot or go to site: http://bsmooth.com/thelookbook . This is the theme I've been looking for. Very clean and corporate. Keep up the good work.

Adren

TheLookBook

Quote from: ClickSafe on February 25, 2012, 01:30:32 PM
Hello TheLookBook,

Please Click Here to download the new version (1.0.4).
It haves a smaller menu and betters floating properties.

If you still have any problem, please let me know  ;)

Thanks and this is the most stable theme I have used to date aside from the SMF defaults. Will let you know how the update works out.

Update: Just installed the latest version with the same results. Moved my ads over a bit and looks great. I'm keeping the theme.

TheLookBook

Thanks Danny,
Very good theme. Im going to load the 1.0.5 version today.

TheLookBook

Ok Danny,
Just disabled the OpenId function and the problem solved. Is there a way to make OpenId smaller in width or will 1.0.5 the latest version do it for me?

Thanks for your help and support.

TheLookBook

Quote from: ClickSafe on February 26, 2012, 12:17:36 PM
Hello TheLookBook
1.0.5 will do it for you AND move the forum title to a correct position.
Regards Danny

Just finished the new install 1.0.5 and worked perfect. Very clean and universal theme. Thanks for the good work and the mods install beautifully on this theme plus they function properly.

Thanks for your help and support. You got my VOTE lol

TheLookBook

Thanks for your help and the notice of the extra. One other thing and a heads up, when the Show News Fader box is checked inside administrator current theme, it shows all the news at once. Personally I don't use the feature but maybe someone else do. Other than that the theme is great. Finally, mods that have been on my hard drive for months are being used.

All the best,
Michael

TheLookBook

Got it, See it working now. Thanks and I might find good use for it and you are correct about another mod blocking it. There is a random ad display mod installed on my site. Thanks for the code.

ocd13

Great theme so thanks for taking the time to build this.

I have a problem with it though.  The header on my site floats to far to the left and so the menu overlaps it.

How can I rectify this problem?
I have attached a screenshot so you can see whats happening. This is on my monitor with a resolution of 1680 x 1050
if I re size my browser then its ok and i believe it doesnt do this on smaller screens

Many thanks

ocd13

Hi Danny thanks for the quick reply.

I notice on the new screen shot of the demo of 1.0.6 that the problem is solved but I have installed the
new version and it hasnt made any change on my site :(

EDIT: forget that the server has no caught up and its working perfectly, Thanks very much for the quick support

TheLookBook

Hello Danny,
I installed the email login mod and noticed the side bar is overlapping as before with the OpenId when logged out. Is this something that can be done through the theme or do I need to make the email login box smaller to fit. In any case what is the remedy.

ocd13

Quote from: ClickSafe on February 27, 2012, 10:37:29 AM
hi ocd13,
Can you PM me with the URL of your forum.
So i can check what's causing this problem.
Regards Danny  :)
Quote from: ocd13 on February 27, 2012, 09:45:05 AM
Hi Danny thanks for the quick reply.

I notice on the new screen shot of the demo of 1.0.6 that the problem is solved but I have installed the
new version and it hasnt made any change on my site :(

EDIT: forget that the server has no caught up and its working perfectly, Thanks very much for the quick support

I edited last post, it now works perfectly and is all lined up properly when logged in but I just noticed when I log out the width of the menu gets really big.
This is because the menu displays the logo inside it when logged out so is there some code I can change so it doesnt show the logo in the menu when I am
logged out.

Many thanks

ocd13

It is indeed, upgraded to 1.0.7 this morning but havnt had chance till now to come here and update you.

Its perfect now

Thanks for the great support

TheLookBook

Quote from: ClickSafe on February 27, 2012, 02:25:53 PM
Quote from: TheLookBook on February 27, 2012, 01:58:16 PM
Hello Danny,
I installed the email login mod and noticed the side bar is overlapping as before with the OpenId when logged out. Is this something that can be done through the theme or do I need to make the email login box smaller to fit. In any case what is the remedy.
Hello Michael,
The width off the search field inside the menu= style="width: 133px;"
So i suppose if you enter new fields into the menu, that you have to consider to change the width from this one also.

In the very first release, the width off the sidebar menu was the same as SMF used.
But then the menu looks very big .... and we decided to make this one smaller.
Now ... we have to see if we enter new information into the menu, that it's not bigger than the menu himself  :o

I hope you understand my point of view  ;)

Yes I understand Danny. Take your time and I'm sure your goal is to get things right. Will change the width of the email login. Thanks for your quick and helpful support.

sportscenterisnext

Greetings ClickSafe,

A gorgeous theme, I converted yesterday from MyBB to SMF opting for your CLS SideBar theme with the assistance of SMF member Sawz.

Looking at my forum: http://www.mywristwatch.net  I'm trying to learn how to change the displayed subject (right side of screen) to show at minimum 50 characters, also subject displayed in a bold text (color is fine) including the RE for replys?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff

sportscenterisnext

http://www.mywristwatch.net [nofollow]

Possibly because I'm a newbie here SMF is blocking my link. Use your favorite search engine for: mywristwatch.net [nofollow]

sportscenterisnext

Magnificent - Smashing - Boffo! Exact result I was looking for. Thank you very much. Once I recover from this migration from MyBB to SMF, I might have one other question for you come Thursday.

Thank you again for your assistance.

J

sportscenterisnext

One more ? please. How do I make that Subject text bold?

sportscenterisnext

Thank you so much for your reply. Sorry about being tardy - life. I will give it a shot today or tomorrow.

sportscenterisnext

Works and looks beautiful. Thank you or all our assistance.

sportscenterisnext

Greetings ClickSafe,

I'm looking to make a modification to your theme, which is where I will need your assistance, if your so willing.

Using the current theme ClickSafe Pro-SideBar Version: 1.0.7, in the upper right hand corner where the page appears to fold, just beneath the arrow (shrink or expand the header), I'm looking to add a script for an advertisement.  If you would be so kind as to look at my profile here you'll see my e-mail address, if you contact me there I can send you further details.

Thank you in advance for your assistance,

J

dhellyniez

interesting design... thanks for posting

Advertisement: