News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

CLS ButtonBar MultiColor

Started by ClickSafe, February 18, 2012, 08:14:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deaks

another interesting theme, dont like the buttons personally will make it hard for users to add more as they will have to find suitable inmages that willw ork with the existing buttons
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Deaks

it wont be possible, in theory its a good idea, but button themes like this dont go fast, other issue is that most cases modders and themers dont see eye to eye.  You also then get fact that if something did happen what works on one them wont work on other themes etc.  Ideally it be great but will never happen im afraid, also there are very few people who are modders and themers.
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Deaks

I have done similar before and it isnt hard to do.
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Crip

I have become comfortably numb!

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -

TOTM Winner. | Demo Site1on1 Theme Support

impreza

Portal ToTemat.pl - treści w postaci artykułów i filmów tematycznych.

monkeydharma

Great theme. However, the button image for the calendar (calendar.png) is missing in the zipfile. Can you add it to the zipfile (and maybe send it to me directly so I can drop it in the cls directory)?

Thanks!

monkeydharma

Thanks for the quick response!

However, that's not the icon that's missing (or, maybe it is - but it's not the one I'm talking about). The calendar icon missing goes on the button bar, is 50x50px and should be named 'calendar.png'

monkeydharma

dwd2000

Very nice, but...
I have a few more menu items than some people. (button prob.png)

I found where to adjust the height of the buttons, but of course, the roundish edges are cut off the bottom.
I'm using the text option, so the images are not a problem, although double lined menu items ("My Messages", for example) overlap.
(button prob-45px.png)

Suggestion:
Change the height of the buttons to around 35px, instead of 60px, (width is fine) and solve the overlapping text thing.
(or let me know where I screwed up with the CSS trying to solve it myself...hahaha)

Very nice otherwise.
THX
30 years ago I was young and foolish.
Now I'm just young.

DAMMIT JIM...I'M A TWEAKER...NOT A CODER!!!

Dave's Games

dwd2000

Do I need to uninstall the last version, then install 1.0.5, or can I just edit some things?
Thanks...and you're welcome.

Quote from: ClickSafe on March 02, 2012, 03:51:16 AM
New Update:

Adjusted: button size for text labels.  (version 1.0.5)

Ready for download!
Now I'm just young.

Dave's Games

Deaks

i think he wants to know the exact changes ... think of it this way ... user uses your theme, makes changed to suit their site, you release update and advise people to remove the old version to install the new version ... thus all the changes the user has made have been lost and they have to start again ,... and next tinme you make an update they have to do it again ... eventually they will just stop updating and maybe use a different theme.
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

dwd2000

hahaha...It's okay Runic.
Didn't make any changes, but thanks for pointing it out.
Here's the updated pic...MUCH BETTER.
Now, just as another suggestion...
Many folks are going to need smaller buttons also, but want the pics too.
Just a thought.
Thanks again for redoing the button size.
I have 16 themes on the site now. (some are mine and tweaked versions of others)
I would have found a way to make this one work eventually.
I was looking at others that you have made, and they look good too.
Keep it up.
Now I'm just young.

Dave's Games

Deaks

not problem the issue may not exist for you but others it would and constantly advising people to remove old and install new was going to cause friction one day ... best prevent that before it starts :)
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Kimmie

Quote from: AccountDisabled on June 08, 2012, 01:09:51 PM
due to circumstances, I stop making styles and mods for SMF.
Best regards, Danny  ;)

Are you still planning on supporting the ones you have already made?

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

br360

I know that the owner of this theme stopped supporting it, but since a lot of members on my forum seem to like it, I figured I would ask for help anyway. There are a few menu buttons I installed, and on this theme the images are not appearing. (see image)

I tried uploading an image, changed it to png, and resized it to 12x12. It is with the other images in my ftp file for that theme, but can't figure out what I am doing wrong, and why the uploaded images aren't appearing.

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

br360

Quote from: Bradley206 on November 27, 2012, 11:17:27 PM
I know that the owner of this theme stopped supporting it, but since a lot of members on my forum seem to like it, I figured I would ask for help anyway. There are a few menu buttons I installed, and on this theme the images are not appearing. (see image)

I tried uploading an image, changed it to png, and resized it to 12x12. It is with the other images in my ftp file for that theme, but can't figure out what I am doing wrong, and why the uploaded images aren't appearing.

I would be willing to settle for changing the icons to text instead of images if anyone can lead me in the right direction.

Deaks

where would you like the text placed?

to expand would you like it as its done by default or floating at top so it comes with you as screen comes down?
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Advertisement: