News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

please update post for integrate_register hook in 2.0

Started by baracudda, February 18, 2012, 09:37:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

baracudda

The integrate_register post has changed dramatically in 2.0.  The first param, $regOptions, moved the original keys into the 'register_vars' array key and renamed "memberName" to "member_name" (probably to correspond with other hooks).

Quote["interface"]=>   string(5) "guest"   
["username"]=>   string(11) "et_tu_brute"   
["email"]=>   string(22) "[email protected]"   
["password"]=>   string(18) "mynewpw15plaintext"   
["password_check"]=>   string(18) "mynewpw15plaintext"   
["openid"]=>   string(0) ""   
["auth_method"]=>   string(8) "password"   
["check_reserved_name"]=>   bool(true)   
["check_password_strength"]=>   bool(true)   
["check_email_ban"]=>   bool(true)   
["send_welcome_email"]=>   bool(true)   
["require"]=>   string(10) "activation"   
["extra_register_vars"]=>   array(1) {     
   ["hide_email"]=>     int(1)   }   
["theme_vars"]=>   array(1) {     
   ["display_quick_reply"]=>     int(1)   }   
["spammer"]=>   int(0)   
["register_vars"]=>   array(43) {     
   ["member_name"]=>     string(11) "et_tu_brute"     
   ["email_address"]=>     string(22) "[email protected]"     
   ["passwd"]=>     string(40) "174fff49580e26970ae7376540504b16dafc97cc"     
   ["password_salt"]=>     string(4) "1e3b"     
   ["posts"]=>     int(0)     
   ["date_registered"]=>     int(1329535999)     
   ["member_ip"]=>     string(13) "68.38.208.215"     
   ["member_ip2"]=>     string(13) "68.38.208.215"     
   ["is_spammer"]=>     int(0)     
   ["validation_code"]=>     string(10) "a59653e9d0"     
   ["real_name"]=>     string(11) "et_tu_brute"     
   ["personal_text"]=>     string(0) ""     
   ["pm_email_notify"]=>     int(1)     
   ["id_theme"]=>     int(0)     
   ["id_post_group"]=>     int(4)     
   ["lngfile"]=>     string(0) ""     
   ["buddy_list"]=>     string(0) ""     
   ["pm_ignore_list"]=>     string(0) ""     
   ["message_labels"]=>     string(0) ""     
   ["website_title"]=>     string(0) ""     
   ["website_url"]=>     string(0) ""     

Thanks to this change in 2.0, it provides the password in plain text which I know lots of people have been using workarounds to get at it.  I would ask that the referenced post be changed to reflect 2.0's new structure so others will know about it.  Thanks.

Kindred

That post is 4 years old...   Why don't you update the WIKI entry instead of asking for an ancient post to be updated?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

live627

Maybe the topic has a much higher ranking than its updated counterpart...

baracudda

@Kindred:

• Unsticky that 4 yo post and let it get buried since it is not relevant anymore.  As is, it is still being used as documentation. The age of a stickied post is irrelevant - if it is still stickied, it still matters. I would have thought someone with as much forum use as you seem to have would know that by now.
  • See if you can get the SMF site header updated so that it points to wiki.simple... instead of the current, outdated, docs.simple...  Make the wiki easier to find and give it the official "main menu stamp of approval" and maybe people will start using it for its intended purpose.
  • Now that I know there is a wiki, I may find time to update it at some point... maybe.  Your attitude keeps me from caring too much.

Kindred

ummm, the current online manual link DOES point to the wiki.

you've got a point about the sticky post...   of course, since I typically read from a mobile device, I didn't realize that you had pointed to a sticky post

As as for attitude...  wow, that would be the pot calling the kettle, now, wouldn't it? :P
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Shadowwolf_tw

Quote from: Kindred on February 21, 2012, 09:45:19 AM

As as for attitude...  wow, that would be the pot calling the kettle, now, wouldn't it? :P

To be fair, your initial reply was very snarky and came across as a bit demeaning to someone trying to be helpful and improve SMF, which set the tone for the thread. =P

I know i interpreted that first reply as implying they were stupid. I know SMF is free but there is already a reputation on this board that feedback draws flaming, maybe a little customer finesse is something to think about as the best source of feedback is from the people who use the product and they only want to make it better. Treating them as stupid or as hostile is only going to garner a bad reputation and push people away from the product.

Maybe that wasnt the intent but text doesn't convey emotion or tone very well and I'm sure I'm not the only one who read it like that.

Advertisement: