Advance Fake Users and Guests Online for SMF

Started by Ricky., February 19, 2012, 06:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mstcool

Mstcool

Found out that the mod didn't fully uninstall. I clicked uninstall and delete but it didn't u install properly cuz the button still exists in the admin panel. What to do?

avisona30

Can this mod in SMF 2.0.8 ?

I tried but not successed

NekoJonez

What is the usefulness of this mod actually? I don't quite see it to be honest.
Retro video game blogger, writer, actor, podcaster and general amazing dude.

Twitter
My Blog

SaltedWeb

To be honest hehe, the internet its self is not honest place. Forums people always represent they are something they are not. I do not use this addon, but perhaps a new site would like it to appear it was not a ghost town.
I see no moral issues unless someone was collecting money because of the members, then that I would agree.

Besides that like is often said, if one does not like the addon then don't use it. After all the ones that are free are umm free. :-X
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

Cola-Coca

How to change color of fake user to another color ? ? ?
I LOVE SMF

HRM

Working fine in SMF 2.0.9 | SimplePortal 2.3.6   with the little correcttion mentioned previously

Thanks for this interesting mod.

Only the Who's online block for SimplePortal doesnt show the fake member names. Inside the forum its no problem.

To install something for the cat's 'cut' is never nice..... (old dutch saying) :D

papaki

Thanks for this mod. Ιt's great.

It works fine in SMF 2.0.9 with some changes mentioned before in order to show admin features.

It would be great if someone can patch it to show random numbers of guests somehow.
I think that's mentioned also at previous posts.

papaki

Quote from: tranhiep_116 on January 01, 2015, 05:29:51 AM
How i can install it??

download the package from here  Link to Mod

install it using package manager from admin panel.

if you havings problems after install (options not shown etc.) just follow Arantor's instructions below

Quote from: Arantor on January 15, 2014, 11:53:29 PM
That would be because the mod is buggy and hasn't been updated for changes in PHP 5.4 (namely deprecation of pass by ref at call time without function signature matching)

Subs-fguo.php
Code (find) Select
function hooks_fguo_admin($admin_location)

Code (replace) Select
function hooks_fguo_admin(&$admin_location)

Code (find) Select
function hooks_fguo_modification($subActions)

Code (replace) Select
function hooks_fguo_modification(&$subActions)

Padre gremista

Quote from: Cola-Coca on December 03, 2014, 02:33:10 PM
How to change color of fake user to another color ? ? ?

I have the same question.
www.gremioemfoco.info - A comunidade gremista na internet.

danster

hello..!
this mod is great  and works perfectly but if include that i asking below it's will be locking very real thing...

please anyone knows is there any possible way to make a schedule task to change the amount of fake users in between time periods of the mod online fake users and guest mod..?

because in that mod if we input some figure of the fake users amount it's displays all the time same amount of fake users
until we change it so then it's showing most like fake

so if we can make a schedule task to add amount of random fake users to that mod it's become most like really
same like mod of fake views for topics in that mod we have a schedule task to change amount of views automatically

so please some one knows how to to it or have a mod for it please tell me

Thank you...

Livaco

Nice mod bro, it deventley goes ahead and boots your traffic for the lolz. just one thing. How do you get them to post xD?

engrz

Hello

this is very old, is there any update of this mod for smf 2.0.11?

Siirist

Hello,

I installed on SMF ver 2.0.11 using Package Manager without any errors.

Was redircted to ACP -> Configuation -> Modification Settings and the modification settings page was not visible.

I then came here and read through support from the beginning and discovered Arantor's suggestion and followed these instructions:

Quote from: Arantor on January 15, 2014, 11:53:29 PM
That would be because the mod is buggy and hasn't been updated for changes in PHP 5.4 (namely deprecation of pass by ref at call time without function signature matching)

Subs-fguo.php
Code (find) Select
function hooks_fguo_admin($admin_location)

Code (replace) Select
function hooks_fguo_admin(&$admin_location)

Code (find) Select
function hooks_fguo_modification($subActions)

Code (replace) Select
function hooks_fguo_modification(&$subActions)

I cleared my forum's cache, went to ACP -> Configuation -> Modification Settings and saw "Fake Guests & Users Online".

Clicked on that and the settings page is present.

Thanks Arantor.

Be Well,
Siirist
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

WeWeF

There is no ManageSettings.php, I mean, there is no changing ManageSettings so there is no admin features..

Someone have it for smf 2.0.11?

Edit: Solved, thanks to Arator

engrz

Hello

is this mod available for smf 2.0.11 ? i really need this.

MyTime

Hey I used this mod on my site, and it says their once was like 100k guests viewing my forums on a certain date, i'm curious if i could just wipe this clean and start from new again, so that i could appear to be more honest and that i did that my forum still was unfinished so now it appears to be a dessert ghost town after the mod instead of just a ghost town before i installed the mod. Hope that makes sense to ya'll!

Padre gremista

it isn't working in my forum (SMF 2.0.11). Installation is right, but the menu for make changes is not showed in miscellaneous page (admin).
www.gremioemfoco.info - A comunidade gremista na internet.

engrz

Can some one update this mod for use on 2.0.12?

Advertisement: