News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

adding text to login.english.php

Started by DrDarkMatter, February 20, 2012, 02:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrDarkMatter

hi guys, ok first I am completely useless at coding, I have tried mucking around with this file but when I save it I get an error when trying to register a new user (when running a test)so I mucked it up somehow and I put back the original and its all fine.

I want to add some additional text to the activation email that gets sent to the users when they register. I want to add some text that reminds them to go to a specific place on the forum and fill out an application for full membership.

so I am using this for my activation method;

$txt['register_activate_message'] = 'You are now registered with an account at ' . $context['forum_name'] . ', %1$s!' . "\n\n" . 'Your account\'s username is %2$s and its password is %3$s (which can be changed later.)' . "\n\n" . 'Before you can login, you first need to activate your account. To do so, please follow this link:' . "\n\n" . '%5$s' . "\n\n" . 'Should you have any problems with activation, please use the code "%4$s".' . "\n\n" . $txt[130];

how do I add text please so that the template still works

thank you all in advance  ;D

CapadY

Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

DrDarkMatter

thanks man, I dont have the version of SMF this needs and dont feel like reverse engineering it lol,  but good thought  ;D

emanuele

What kind of text would you add?
Share the code you have used so far and that gives you the error.

Also, please when you post code, use the [code][/code] tags. ;)

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

CapadY

Quote from: DrDarkMatter on February 21, 2012, 06:11:54 PM
thanks man, I dont have the version of SMF this needs and dont feel like reverse engineering it lol,  but good thought  ;D

I am prety sure I have a modified package that will instal in SMF2 withouth problems :)
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

Advertisement: