News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Font color

Started by jimv8673, February 27, 2012, 04:45:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimv8673

Is there a way to change the font color in forum posts etc,??  My theme is dark blue and the font in all the posts etc is bright white, too much contrast, and ive had complaints about that much contrast being hard on the eyes, and i think i agree.  If i knew where to change that, i could experiment with different font colors til i found one that was more agreeable.

mashby

What is theme you are using and could you provide a link to your site? Will be easiest that way. I've also removed the topic you started in 2.x support area. Better to keep to one topic per issue. Thanks. :)
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

jimv8673

mashby

/* use dark grey for the text, leaving #000 for headers etc */
body, td, th, tr
{
color: #ddd;
}

That #ddd is making most of some of your text a light gray.

Posts text color is from this:
/* Alternating backgrounds for posts, and several other sections of the forum. */
.windowbg, #preview_body
{
color: #eee;
background-color: #47a4b4;
}
.windowbg2
{
color: #eee;
background-color: #4682b4;
}
.windowbg3
{
color: #000;
background-color: #bac3b8;
}
That's probably the large majority of the text colors when it's just plain old text appearing. Links are stylized at the top of the CSS file. That's a start for you to play with. :)

EDIT
Any reason you've removed both the SMF copyright and the theme copyright?
- James M. Barrie

jimv8673

i hadnt noticed  :o  no not really, its very possible that it got removed by mistake, somehow since i cant even change a font color :) if i can get the font thing fixed i will then proceed to see if i can get that put back on somehow  :(

mashby

Cool. OK. Themes/BoxIt/index.template.php

That's the file that should contain both.
:)
- James M. Barrie

jimv8673

:)  youre talikin to someone who is very coding challenged LOL ask @K what an idiot i am,  anyway the best fix for me was to uninstall the theme and re=install it,  I can usually manage most anything that is automatically done  LMAO, thanks for bringing that to my attention, now i will fool with the test color, cross your fingers for me.  Ohhhh i thought html colors were like #365475   not like just #ddd ????

mashby

Cool ok :)

Yeah, #ddd is the same thing as #dddddd, it's just a short-cut way.
- James M. Barrie

Advertisement: