News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Legitimate Email Problem

Started by PLAYBOY, February 22, 2012, 09:44:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PLAYBOY

I have many members who have put fake email addresses and from now on i want to make sure everybody has a verified, real email address. Many people have already contributed with the new changes but some members are just not replying. I tried to change all of the emails which was not verified to one email address so that they can see and contact me but smf didint let me use the same email address for more than one person.

I keep getting "Mail Delivery Error" emails to my default address and its driving me crazy now. What should i do?

Hope i was clear.

Oldiesmann

Create a gmail address and set all of the email addresses for invalid users to [email protected]. That way you'll have the same address for each user, but SMF will think they're different, and you can filter out incoming emails based on the "+" part. See http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=12096 for details.

Alternately, you can make a list of the IDs of all the users who haven't complied, and deactivate their account in the database until they email you with an updated email address.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

PLAYBOY

Quote from: Oldiesmann on February 22, 2012, 10:32:40 PM
Create a gmail address and set all of the email addresses for invalid users to [email protected]. That way you'll have the same address for each user, but SMF will think they're different, and you can filter out incoming emails based on the "+" part. See http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=12096 for details.

Alternately, you can make a list of the IDs of all the users who haven't complied, and deactivate their account in the database until they email you with an updated email address.

I dont get it. So even though there is a + in the middle of the email address, will i still receive the email in the gmail?

Oldiesmann

Quote from: PLAYBOY on February 22, 2012, 10:38:47 PM
Quote from: Oldiesmann on February 22, 2012, 10:32:40 PM

I dont get it. So even though there is a + in the middle of the email address, will i still receive the email in the gmail?

Yes, it will still go to the same account.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

PLAYBOY

I will so try this method and let you know.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

PLAYBOY

Oh yeah. It actually worked. Thank you.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: