News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

2.0.2 Password failure on first try only

Started by Orbit Storm, February 24, 2012, 10:41:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orbit Storm

As per the title, each time I attempt to login (either into the forum itself, or the Admin panel), my password is deemed incorrect on the first try, but is always successful on the second.

I'm aware that this issue has been addressed before, and I've attempted the solution, found in this thread, but to no avail.

I only found one instance of Load.php in my Sources folder (Root Directory > Community > Sources) and haven't found a single PHP.ini file at all within my FTP.

I'm assuming I may be a missing a file somewhere, or that the solution I attempted isn't the fix for my problem. Any help, would be greatly appreciated. This is only a minor nuisance to myself, as the issue doesn't seem to occur with any other users.

kat

Seems that it's likely to be a browser problem, then.

You've emptied cookies/cache, etc. one would assume?

Have you tried another browser?

Orbit Storm

Yep, sure have. First noticed it in Chrome, but I tried Firefox and IE as well - same issues.

I've also tried clearing cookies/cache, etc as well.

kat

If it's only happening for you, we've got to assume there's something at your end (If you'll pardon the expression) that's a bit screwy.

Virus checker? Neh. Can't be that.

Some other protection that you have, maybe?

Had an idea, though. I could be talking total crap, here...

Try emptying your forum's cache?

Illori

i believe this is related to several other posts around with no real solution that deal with issues with sessions. it is not related to hacking or viruses etc.

Sir Osis of Liver

That's correct.  This is related to the session verification errors problem, which remains a great mystery.  If you do manage to find php.ini, would be a good idea not to play with it.

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Orbit Storm

Thanks for all of the responses, everyone. =)

Just to note, I did attempt to clear the forum cache after K@ mentioned it, but that didn't do the trick either.

As I said, it's really just a minor nuisance, but I feel much better knowing it's not something I can control (or something I may have caused). As it's only me who seems to have this issue, it's an even bigger relief.

kat

As it 'appens, I got loads of session errors, here.

Almost every post, I have to submit twice.

Advertisement: