News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Simple Machines is expanding

Started by Norv, February 24, 2012, 02:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karlbenson

I look forward to hearing more about it.

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

redone

Quote from: Runic on March 12, 2012, 06:02:21 PM
karls alive!!! :)
Sooty never dies, he just takes a nap with Sue.

~RedOne

MetalMusicMan

Quote from: Runic on March 09, 2012, 06:12:51 PM
actually there is a masive difference in functionality between 1.1.x and 2.0.x  ... also your site gives a nice big error message at top

The error is an annoying database loading issue with my host, basically sometimes authentication times out and then SSI spits back the load error.  I've been after them for weeks now to fix it and they just keep ducking out >_<

"How'd you get to be so smart?"
"Trial and error."

-- Duncan MacLeod, Highlander (S1E20)

Admin of MetalMusicMan.com

NanoSector

Quote from: MetalMusicMan on March 14, 2012, 12:08:14 PM
actually there is a masive difference in functionality between 1.1.x and 2.0.x  ... also your site gives a nice big error message at top

The error is an annoying database loading issue with my host, basically sometimes authentication times out and then SSI spits back the load error.  I've been after them for weeks now to fix it and they just keep ducking out >_<
Are you, by any chance, hosting with 000webhost?
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

MetalMusicMan

Quote from: Yoshi2889 on March 14, 2012, 12:17:44 PM

Negative.  I use 1&1, unfortunately.

"Trial and error."

NanoSector

Quote from: MetalMusicMan on March 14, 2012, 12:19:22 PM
Quote from: Yoshi2889 on March 14, 2012, 12:17:44 PM

Negative.  I use 1&1, unfortunately.
Sorry, then I can't help you either, I guess :(
I've had that same experience with 000webhost. Fixed by moving away.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

MetalMusicMan

It's weird because I had no issues at all for about a year, then it started doing this seemingly for no reason about 2 months ago :\

"Trial and error."

emanuele

May I suggest to open a new topic if you want to discuss about hosting and differences between 1.1 and 2.0?
If you want I can split the last posts from this topic. ;)

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

MetalMusicMan

Quote from: emanuele on March 16, 2012, 04:56:46 AM
May I suggest to open a new topic if you want to discuss about hosting and differences between 1.1 and 2.0?
If you want I can split the last posts from this topic. ;)

By all means-- my apologies for taking things off course.

"Trial and error."

emanuele

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Virtual Team

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Garrett

So, one question. Will Simple Machines be the people to develop the smCore and will Simple Machines make another software except for forum software based on the smCore architecture?
Owner, Garrett's Websites
Website Designer and proud SMF User since 2010

Kindred

Maybe... It depend on th interest of he developers
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Garrett

Another question... what does "smCore" do? I've looked at their website but I really can't find out what it does. The introduction to this topic doesn't help much.
Owner, Garrett's Websites
Website Designer and proud SMF User since 2010

live627

It provides a reliable base for the forum to plug into.

islam2hamy

Arabic Translator - Web Designer
My Mods / My Themes  //  GfxLand

Ashley S

Congratulations, and good luck guys! :)

Advertisement: