News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

how do i edit the menu?

Started by ronaldguilmet, February 24, 2012, 03:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronaldguilmet

i want to change the "media" to "videos" but I searched the index.template.php thru and thru and can't find it. I find the menu code, but no way to change. it's all php, but don't see where the menu is getting pages from.

geek_andy

Try looking in ./Sources/Subs.php

Text is also usually stored in the language files located ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php

Yoshi explains alot better below

NanoSector

Quote from: geek_andy on February 24, 2012, 03:59:43 PM
That won't help, as mods may not have hardcoded text. It's only useful when checking what text string is used.

Assuming you are using SMF 2.0.2, try looking in "Themes/default/languages/Modifications.{your language}.php".
You need to check that for all languages.

If you want to check the string used, go into Sources/Subs.php and look for the button. Then find "'title' => $txt['the_string']," for that button, where $txt['the_string'] must be found in Modifications.{your language}.php. Of course this is just an example :)
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

geek_andy

Quote from: Yoshi2889 on February 24, 2012, 04:02:38 PM
Quote from: geek_andy on February 24, 2012, 03:59:43 PM
That won't help, as mods may not have hardcoded text. It's only useful when checking what text string is used.

Assuming you are using SMF 2.0.2, try looking in "Themes/default/languages/Modifications.{your language}.php".
You need to check that for all languages.

If you want to check the string used, go into Sources/Subs.php and look for the button. Then find "'title' => $txt['the_string']," for that button, where $txt['the_string'] must be found in Modifications.{your language}.php. Of course this is just an example :)

Yes, you are right, I have edited the menu on my forum dozens of times I should have learnt by now..  :-[

ronaldguilmet

thanks guys.

I found it in  themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php

I use Aeva and it was located in there

// Aeva Media extra strings
$txt['aeva_gallery'] = isset($txt['aeva_gallery']) ? $txt['aeva_gallery'] : 'Video & Media';

i changed the end piece from Media to Video & Media
thanks again

Advertisement: