News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF Questions

Started by dsimms, February 24, 2012, 11:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsimms

First off, what do you guys think about your SMF Board/Forum?
(Just trying to get an idea of what this can do)

1: Am i able to publish posts as html? as if my post was a webpage?
(for admin only) I would not want anyone else to post html

2: Does smf support videos in posts?

3: Are there any seo addons for SMF, or does SMF have a good SEO/URL structure?

4: I like that there is capacha in the post, is it possible to add random Q/A also?

Thanks

Kindred

1- yes. You can use the HTML BBC tag. However, why?   it's a bad idea for even the admin to do this regularly... and almost any formatting stuff that you need can be accomplished through the use of the BBC tags (or wysiwyg editor)

2- There are two or three mods that allow this to be done.

3- SEO URLs are completely useless for SEO.  Search engines can scan standard forum urls just fine. There are a few mods which can be added to improve things like the description, etc... but any type of "optimization" is mostly wasted on the forums. Forums do not have static content, and thus are not well suited to "optimization" techniques.  There are several large discussions about this in the chit-chat and building your forum boards.

4- actually, captcha is mostly useless at this point. There are "questions" built in to 2.x for registration... I don't think there are any mods to apply those to posting.. but by adding mods for stop forum spam and project honeypot, you can reduce your psma registrations that even get to post to near zero.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

青山 素子

Quote from: Kindred on February 25, 2012, 08:39:16 AM
4- actually, captcha is mostly useless at this point. There are "questions" built in to 2.x for registration... I don't think there are any mods to apply those to posting.. but by adding mods for stop forum spam and project honeypot, you can reduce your psma registrations that even get to post to near zero.

I believe the setting to require verification for the first x number of posts also applies to the questions if you have those enabled.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

impreza

This forum is good and should be the answer to all questions. It's no wonder only a select SMF
Portal ToTemat.pl - treści w postaci artykułów i filmów tematycznych.

Advertisement: