[PAID/FREE/] Personal Collection / Catalogue Database Mod

Started by zapiy, February 25, 2012, 03:02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapiy

hope I explain this correctly:

Some people collect videogamer and systems some collect comics, baseball cards collectable miniatures and I was hoping for a program for the site to be able to track your collections.
The program will be able to be edited by the site owner (admin) as to be able to add catagories (sets) etc.
Members would be able to have one of these that they can edit their collection info (with pictures etc.).

Is there any mod like this already existing? I would even pay for this feature!

Thanks..

Simple Collection was being developed but ended sadly.
www.maturevideogamer.co.uk
www.consoleplanet.co.uk
www.retrovideogamer.co.uk

zapiy

A friendly bump incase its been missed..
www.consoleplanet.co.uk

kakdr

hi all :)
i am newbie here ;D

somebody please help give me multi quote mods for SMF 2.0.2
thanks

TheListener

Quote from: kakdr on February 27, 2012, 09:49:27 AM
hi all :)
i am newbie here ;D

somebody please help give me multi quote mods for SMF 2.0.2
thanks

Please do not intrude on another persons request.

XHIBIT911

BUMPITY BUMP BUMP...This sounds like it would have nice potential and is noteworthy. Just a friendly bump to get it from the bottom of the heap

Motorhed

I would like this, too. It has limitless uses if done right.

Let people make a collection of anything, and it can apply to Pokemon, MMORPG items, toys, comics, movies they've seen, states they've been to, anythong...

emanuele

Yeah, that would be nice...

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

zapiy

Cheers guys, be great if someone would make this please?
www.consoleplanet.co.uk

emanuele

* emanuele hates zapiy, XHIBIT911 and Motorhed!!! :P

It lacks several things (like a proper pages-handling, columns styling, optimization, code cleanup, sorting, etc.), but that package should allow to create any kind of "collection" with any number of columns and several type of elements...it's still a bit messy but it should work!

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

XHIBIT911

Any demo for this to see what it actually can do ?

emanuele

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Kindred

Ok, emanuele.... I have a use for this now that someone brought it up...

but where is it? :P

I installed the mod from the package you attached... but there's no admin option and no member option that I can find...

How does one define or create a collection?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

emanuele

admin > forum > should be the last option (collections I think).
Then define the "elements", take few elements to create a "collection" and finally populate the collection with your entries...I think, I wrote it few days ago and I forgot how it works... :P

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Kindred

there it is... the one spot I apparently didn't look.

OK, I add a collection and some elements...
then click "populate"

Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (current_list)

Should throw a warning that you need to assign elements to a collection, instead. :)

What is this field?
Page    Chose the page this collections should be displayed
what value should go in there? I assume that this determines how the USERS see the collection?

Any permissions with this?
Any way to let the users enter values into the defined collection?
(i.e. "list of the models I own" for each user)

:)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

emanuele

Quote from: Kindred on September 14, 2012, 12:46:47 PM
OK, I add a collection and some elements...
then click "populate"

Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (current_list)

Should throw a warning that you need to assign elements to a collection, instead. :)

Can you check the error log?
It seems something I forgot to add to the database... ::)

What is this field?
Page    Chose the page this collections should be displayed
what value should go in there? I assume that this determines how the USERS see the collection?
An integer (it should be 0 by default, but apparently there is a bug... :P
You can show each "collection" in a different page, or all in one, or any possible combination.

Any permissions with this?
Any way to let the users enter values into the defined collection?
(i.e. "list of the models I own" for each user)
Not yet...I thrown this out just to see if there was interest. :P
If so I have several other things I'd like to add...and TBH, I was thinking about a rather crazy thing I could do with that code...

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Kindred

it's actually pretty cool.

I have a use for it on the Legions of Steel website ang the 40Konline website... (miniatures wargames)
If users can enter their data, then we can start having lists of "models owned"

I also have a use for my own to track props...
Слaва
Украинi

emanuele

The database error is fixed along with the undefined index (page).
I think there is still a bug in the delete (one of the deletes :P).

What I'd like to add is:
* a better page-handling (or at least have a drop down with the current existing pages and "new" for example), maybe even allow for a title;
* columns styling, mainly it would be set the width, but I'd like to set classes too (at the moment I still thinking if the best is to associate this to the element or to the collection: the first would make easier to set a value, but it would make it the same for all the collections, the second would mean a bit more work in setting up a new collection...of course I could do both...);
* optimization (some data type are too broad, even though the general design is not exactly performance-oriented...);
* code cleanup (OMG, I hope someone else will help on that! :P);
* sorting (that will be tough);
* permissions, of course populate a new collection for sure, but it would be nice to have: create_element (public/private?...doesn't make much sense I think, elements should be public), create_collection, edit_collection (own/any), populate_collection (own/any), view-collection (own/any), anything else?);
* another bunch of permissions could be access...very low priority;
* ownership (each collection should belong to the creator, it already prepared, I just have to insert the data in the db);
* a page to list all the available/visible collections (not sure if it is worth a menu entry), and possibly a page in the profile with "own" collections.
A lot of things!... lol

The funny (and maybe educational) thing is that I'm writing this mod using almost only createList, if you note the template file is 5 lines of code and almost no HTML!

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

zapiy

This is a brilliant start, thanks for having ago at this..

Can we add images?
www.consoleplanet.co.uk

emanuele

Not at the moment, maybe later.

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Tony Reid

Nice idea/mod - just playing with it on a clean install and thought I'd mention some of these...

http://localhost/smf202/index.php?action=collections;page=1
2: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()File: /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/smf202/Sources/Subs-List.php
Line: 85

http://localhost/smf202/index.php?action=collections;page=1
2: assert() [<a href='function.assert'>function.assert</a>]: Assertion failedFile: /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/smf202/Sources/Subs-List.php
Line: 26

http://localhost/smf202/index.php?action=collections;page=0
The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: current_list
Function: list_getCollectionEntriesFile: /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/smf202/Sources/Subs-Collections.php
Line: 967

http://localhost/smf202/index.php?action=collections
The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: current_list
Function: list_getCollectionEntriesFile: /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/smf202/Sources/Subs-Collections.php
Line: 967

Hope that helps.

Aside from the admin area - where is the user interface meant to be? in profile?
Tony Reid

Advertisement: