News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Display PDF attachments in browser

Started by elkaintmoose, February 25, 2012, 10:23:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elkaintmoose

On my forum, I have a lot of PDF attachments to posts. When someone clicks on one, it downloads directly to their computer. Is there a way to have PDF attachments open with the browser plugin rather than downloading immediately? (From what I've read, it seems like this is a "feature not a bug" -- but I just wanted to make sure...)
Thanks!

Kermit

Yes,it's not a bug and for showing pdf inside the posts,you can use this mod

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1468
My Mods
Please don't PM/mail me for support,unless i invite you
Formerly known as Duncan85
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

A. Einstein

elkaintmoose

Ah, yes, thanks -- I saw that earlier, but that actually displays the contents inline within the post, right? I still want them to show as attachments (users may be adding  others, as well -- jpegs, docs, ppts, etc., so I'd rather not have a "special" way of adding just pdfs...) but display using the browser plugin when clicked. But the "download" behavior is baked in, then.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

I'm unsure if that's easily accomplished or near impossible, but I'd think giving the users the option to save or open is more user friendly thanautomatically opening them in the browser.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: