News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF 1.1.16 - function autocompleter not working

Started by jonis, February 25, 2012, 10:34:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonis

I'm currently running SMF 1.1.16, also running TinyPortal and a few more mods.

My problem is that when any user, including me, tries to fill in the "To"-field when sending a PM, it after the very first letter typed gets autofilled with one specific member. Always the same member and no matter how many more letters you enter it's stuck at this member. You can ofc get around it by pasting a complete user in the field or grabbing through the search method.

This occurs in any browser. Tried FF 10.0.2, Chrome and IE.

I've tried to replace the PersonalMessage.template.php in .../Themes/default with a fresh one from 1.1.16 install package, no difference. There's no errors in the log and my forum works fine besides this.

What could be a possible culprit? Any ideas as to where to continue looking?

Kermit

As far as i know there is no auto fill function in SMF's Personalmessage system ,that's why it can be only browser related issue
My Mods
Please don't PM/mail me for support,unless i invite you
Formerly known as Duncan85
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

A. Einstein

Illori

yes smf has an auto fill function for names when sending a pm. if it is not working then one or more of your files may have been edited. any errors in your error log?

jonis

Quote from: Illori on February 26, 2012, 06:59:15 AM
yes smf has an auto fill function for names when sending a pm.

Exactly. ;)

Quote from: Illori on February 26, 2012, 06:59:15 AM
if it is not working then one or more of your files may have been edited. any errors in your error log?

None directly related to this. I sometimes get "Undefined Offset: 1" from Aeva, and when search bots go through pages I get the odd error.

kat

Quote from: jonis on February 25, 2012, 10:34:30 PM
I'm currently running SMF 1.1.16, also running TinyPortal and a few more mods.

Which mods?

jonis

Quote from: K@ on February 26, 2012, 04:38:26 PM
Which mods?

1.    TinyPortal    1.052 (quite customized, therefore old version)
2.    Auto Email Inactive Users    1.7
3.    MCLegendII.2    2.0
4.    Integrate Lightbox    1.6
5.    WoW-Itemstats 1.25.9.2    1.25.9.2 (not used anymore, still enabled as a mod tho)
6.    SMF 1.0.14 / 1.1.6 Update    1.0
7.    SMF 1.0.15 / 1.1.7 Update    1.0
8.    SMF 1.0.16 / 1.1.8 Update    1.0
9.    SMF 1.0.17 / 1.1.9 / 2.0 RC1 Update    1.0
10.    SMF 1.0.18 / 1.1.10 / 2.0 RC1-2 Update    1.1
11.    Aeva ~ Auto-Embed Video & Audio    7.0
12.    SMF 1.0.19 / 1.1.11 Update    1.0
13.    SMF 1.0.20 / 1.1.12 Update    1.0
14.    SMF 1.0.21 / 1.1.13 Update    1.0
15.    SMF 1.1.14 Update    1.0
16.    notCaptcha    1.06
17.    SMF 1.1.15 Update    1.0
18.    SMF 1.0.22 / 1.1.16 Update    1.0

jonis

A lil update:

1) I manually removed the WoW_Itemstats mod by reversing the manual install. Removing it didn't fix it.

2) I resorted the member table on ID_Member column, this had the expected effect. Now it's only my initial member that gets autofilled.

3) I installed a fresh 1.1.16. Here it worked fine. I then gradually added each of my installed mods/packages and it still works. The only difference now would be the pure data that my regular forum has gathered over the years and all SMF updates since install version.

Any ideas? Could this in any way possible be related to choice of charsets? Any way to verify?

This is driving me nuts! ;)

edit: Could it be related to that I don't have a member with ID_Member 1 (first one is '2')?
edit2: Verified to work by deleting first member in test install. It's not related to that.

kat

Quote from: jonis on February 26, 2012, 06:41:41 PMMCLegendII.2

Wossit?

Can't see that on the mod site.

What happens if you disable the portal?

jonis

Quote from: Illori on February 28, 2012, 03:43:20 PM
yes you can http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1077

That's it yeah.

I'm currently looking at if it's possible it's bugging out due to weird characters used in username/displayname. If it could be a reason, what's most important to look at? Username, displayname or both? I noticed it's the displayname of my initial user that gets autofilled after the first letter.

One person had even managed to register with a * in the actual username. Hard to keep track w/ over 1000 accounts. :)

jonis

Problem solved!

Sarge's reply at the bottom here solved it. :)

The solution was to disable "Search engine friendly URLs" under "Features & Options".

kat

Ha! Good ol' Sarge!

I kinda miss him... :(

Glad you got it sorted, man! :)

jonis

Thanks! ;)

Hehe yeah I remember Sarge as well from back then. Helpful guy!

Advertisement: