Please help, my users are getting spam/virus attacks when visiting

Started by afrowarrior, March 03, 2012, 03:57:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

afrowarrior

Hello. I'm hoping I can get some help. I love the software, it's really great, but recently some of my users have experienced some spam/virus attacks.

They have reported that their antivirus software is blocking downloads from sites such as "daysofyor" or  ""gloryhunterz".

Also, I can't seem to access the security page in the admin section. I just get an error.

Help would greatly be appreciated. Thank you

NanoSector

My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

afrowarrior

Hi, thanks alot for your answer.

This page doesn't seem to work:

wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/How_do_I_make_my_forum_safer_against_hacker_attacks

Also, when I try to access the security section I get an error.

Is there a correct way to reinstall the files, because I don't want to mess anything up  :-\

kat

Quote from: afrowarrior on March 03, 2012, 04:20:01 AM
This page doesn't seem to work:

wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/How_do_I_make_my_forum_safer_against_hacker_attacks

Works fine, for me.

Quote from: afrowarrior on March 03, 2012, 04:20:01 AMAlso, when I try to access the security section I get an error.

* K@ tries to guess what the error is.....

...and fails, miserably. :(

Quote from: afrowarrior on March 03, 2012, 04:20:01 AMIs there a correct way to reinstall the files, because I don't want to mess anything up  :-\

READ MY SIG!!!!

Get the large upgrade archive.

http://download.simplemachines.org/index.php?thanks;filename=smf_2-0-2_upgrade.zip

Dearchive on your hard disk.

Upload all the files, except upgrade.php, to your site, overwriting what's there, now.

Note that this will mean that your mods will no longer work and will need to be reinstalled.

They'll still be in "Packages". They'll just need to be reapplied.

afrowarrior

Thanks. I did re-install the files. I think it's working so far  :)

Advertisement: