SMF 1.1.8 won't upload JPEG attahcments

Started by gibanitza, March 03, 2012, 07:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gibanitza

Hello everyone!

Forum members cannot upload multiple JPG images with their posts. If you upload one file everything works but if you try to upload multiple files error 500 ocurrs:
_______________________________________________________________________________________
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@###########.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
________________________________________________________________________________________________

There is nothing special in server logs nor are the files being uploaded.

kat

Hi and welcome to the forum, gibanitza!

I'm afraid there is no SMF v1.1.8.

Assuming you mean v1.1.16, which is the ltest v1 version, try going to Admin>Attachments and Avatars>Attachment Settings and checking-out:

Max attachment size per post:    KB
Max size per attachment:    KB
Max number of attachments per post:

gibanitza

Well, I wish it is that simple.

Here is the link to the forum http://www.panda-club-serbia.com/forum/index.php [nofollow] . In the footer there is version and it say 1.1.8

Setting you've mentioned are

10 000KB
1000KB

Files I've tried to upload are smaller than 1MB.

Should I try to update forum version?

kat

It actually says v1.1.10 which is pretty ancient, now. (Although it seems to say v1.1.11, now)

Yeah. I'd say "Read my sig" and go for the large upgrade for v1.1.16.

They've rather hidden it, which I really don't agree with. So, here's the link:

http://download.simplemachines.org/index.php?thanks;filename=smf_1-1-16_upgrade.zip

gibanitza

I've been updating the forum in past 5 minutes  :D

Well, the problem somehow still persists. I've raised attach size quotes even further but nothing is happening.

kat

When you say this:

Quote from: gibanitza on March 03, 2012, 07:50:45 AMThere is nothing special in server logs nor are the files being uploaded.

it makes me think that you're not checked the SMF error logs.

Any clues, there?

Just to clarify, this is only happening with jpg files, yes? Not gifs, etc.

gibanitza

Please do tell me where are SMF logs!

Yes, only JPEG's. Other formats are just fine.

kat

In the Admin section. Left pane, right at the bottom.

Illori

admin -> attachments and avatars allowed attachment extensions

in this box does it list jpeg? jpg and jpeg are different, and by default jpeg is not included in the list.

gibanitza

@K@

This is the error I've found but I really can't debug it.

8: Undefined index: youtube
Datoteka: /home/#######/public_html/forum/Themes/default/languages/Post.serbian_latin-utf8.php (main sub template - eval?)
Linija: 778

Datoteka = file
Linija = Line

File Post.serbia_latin-utf8.php has only 185 lines.

@Illori

Yes, I've listed jpg and jpeg.

Illori

install http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2054 and enable it then post any new error messages without eval in them

gibanitza

My forum is translated into Serbian. Will the mentioned mode still work?

Illori

gibanitza

Ok, I'm not getting error code I've mentioned but still won't upload multiple .jpg attachments.

Could it be that the problem is somewhere on ISP/host side?

Illori

you should post the new error message, the mod will let us see it where before it was hidden

gibanitza

I'm not getting any new error messages in forum logs.

Though, I've noticed that it is possible to upload multiple JPEG's if they are about 50KB, but if they are around couple of hundreds KB the error occurs.

I've attached attachment setting.

kat

10000KB for an image file isn't very much, really.

Mine's set to ten times that. i.e. 100 000.

gibanitza

Forum members needs are in 99% lower than 1 000KB (1MB). 10 000KB (10MB) is already 10 times bigger.

Are there any time of upload limitations in SMF?

kat

Not that I know of. Your host might, I guess.

I somehow doubt that, though. Ask them, to check. :)

MrPhil

Does your host impose any limits on uploaded file sizes? Are they different among different file extensions? You may have to put some entries in your php.ini file to increase allowed upload file sizes. Anyway, that's another place to look for the source of your trouble.

Advertisement: