News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Change permissions has no effect

Started by thesikaleon, March 03, 2012, 09:40:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thesikaleon

ok i made a custom rank not based on posts called it BANNED

in permissions i just allow them to see the forum and not be able to make posts, modify profile etc

unfortunately they can do anything like a normal member

i tried to change permissions in many ways, moreover set permissions same like guests.. still no result

SMF 2.0 RC4   

Any idea?

thanks

kat

These "Banned" members... Are they also in another group, perhaps by dint of their post-count?

If so, they're probably inheriting the permissions from that.

Post-count groups can be a real pain, which is why I don't have any on my forum. :)

Kays

LOL @ K@ :D

If you go into the profile for a member in that group. On the left is the option to show permissions. There you'll see which group the permissions are inherent from. Probably the Regular Members group.

Best fix is to go into the settings page for permissions and enable "Deny". Then you can deny permissions and not have to worry about other groups permissions.

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

thesikaleon

Quote from: Kays on March 03, 2012, 10:53:16 AM
LOL @ K@ :D

If you go into the profile for a member in that group. On the left is the option to show permissions. There you'll see which group the permissions are inherent from. Probably the Regular Members group.

Best fix is to go into the settings page for permissions and enable "Deny". Then you can deny permissions and not have to worry about other groups permissions.

ok got it he has permissions from a post based group called Warlord
I enabled deny

now how i can deny permissions only on specific members?

I mean if i use deny even a moderator with Warlord rank will lose his permissions

thesikaleon

ok got it

set DENY on BANNED group permissions  ;)

Kays

Yep, that's the way to do it. Glad you got it figured out. :)

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

Advertisement: