Trouble Submitting New Modification

Started by Ray Cardillo, March 03, 2012, 09:18:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray Cardillo

I think I need a moderator to review my Modification submission because something went "weird" while uploading.  I uploaded the mod and some screenshots using the upload page and then I received the error message about package id being unique.  Something like: The package id given matched another mod's package id.

So I checked and doubled checked the mod, the package-info.xml, the <id> has nothing special (was just "raycardillo:votervisibility" and then I started searching the support forum for similar issues.  After reading through a bunch, I was increasingly confused because I just could not get the modification to upload.  It was not listed in my profile and everything else looked good.

However, after reading someone else's post, I decided to do a search for my modification using the keyword "voter" and it was there with a warning that it's not currently approved!!  Okay, so it looks like it did make it through the upload and then maybe something went wrong from there?  Perhaps I accidently did a refresh causing a repost or something?  I don't recall doing anything but waiting for the submit to complete, but you never know.

Still, the problem is that I cannot see the modification in my profile, so I cannot update it, remove it, or whatever else I'm supposed to be able to do to maintain it.  So now I want to find out if this is normal or is my submission somehow in limbo... half uploaded and visible when I search for it... but not listed under my profile so I can't do anything with it.  Please help.   :-\

Ultimately, I want to make sure it's uploaded properly so it can go into the approval queue.
Author of the Voter Visibility mod customization.  Adds the ability to see (and control who sees) who voted for what.  Allows you to conduct secret ballots.  Can also be used to coordinate volunteer signups, and more.

Joker™

Here is your mod link.

Moreover your mod might have got submitted twice due to which the same id error appeared for you(just making a guess as I have seen it already :P).

For sure mod link visibility needs a fix.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

Ray Cardillo

Quote from: Joker™ on March 03, 2012, 09:22:21 PM
For sure mod link visibility needs a fix.

Thanks, yeah, that was the link that I found when I search, but I can't really do anything with it like I understand you are supposed to be able to do when it's listed under your mod profile.

Since it's showing up this way do you think it's safe to assume that it's in the queue for approval review?  I can wait, I just want to make sure it's in the queue.  :)
Author of the Voter Visibility mod customization.  Adds the ability to see (and control who sees) who voted for what.  Allows you to conduct secret ballots.  Can also be used to coordinate volunteer signups, and more.

Joker™

Yes its in the queue.

AFAIK, you can edit your mod. There has to be an edit button on the left hand top corner of upper bar where your mod name is displayed.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

Ray Cardillo

Quote from: Joker™ on March 03, 2012, 09:35:22 PM
AFAIK, you can edit your mod. There has to be an edit button on the left hand top corner of upper bar where your mod name is displayed.

AHHH!!  I see it now!!  :)  I saw this in other support postings also but I guess I wasn't looking hard enough!!  Damn!!  That's a really silly usability thing, but it's such a common HCI thing, I bet that it gets everyone.  I had to literally sit there and study the page for a few minutes until I saw it.

Anyways, I owe you a HUGE THANKS!  So thanks!!!  :)

Joker™

Happy to help :).

Marking topic as solved ;).
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Advertisement: