News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

i can't install any more modifications! ?

Started by MΣXI PЯӨD, March 04, 2012, 07:02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MΣXI PЯӨD

TheListener

Rather than we try and guess what the problem is can you please explain it in words.

MΣXI PЯӨD

If u clearly see the picture, it says "to download packages, the packages directory and files in it need to be writable - and they are not currently. The package manager can use your FTO information to fix this"

but idk how to do that

pkrack

First check the chmod vaule of the directory "Packages" and the files in it. It can be done in two ways.

In your admin panel, go to package manager and click on "Files Permission" , then scroll down and search "Packages" . Then check its status in front of it. It should be writeable in green, if not, then set it by clicking the second radio button in front of it and click save.
    If this doesnt solve the problem, then go to your file manager via ftp and check the chmod status of packages and the files in it. The chmod of packages folder and other folders in it should be 755 while the files in it should be chmoded to 644.
    After chmoding , if it still doesnt work, then check the packages folder, it must have a folder named temp , if it doesnt exist then create one, i hope it will work.

Oldiesmann

Quote from: MΣXI PЯӨD on March 04, 2012, 08:05:53 PM
If u clearly see the picture, it says "to download packages, the packages directory and files in it need to be writable - and they are not currently. The package manager can use your FTO information to fix this"

but idk how to do that

Enter your FTP password and click "Proceed" and SMF should be able to fix the permissions for you.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

pkrack

Oh sorry. I have switched off the images so i havent seen that.

MΣXI PЯӨD

Quote from: Oldiesmann on March 05, 2012, 12:07:57 AM
Quote from: MΣXI PЯӨD on March 04, 2012, 08:05:53 PM

but idk how to do that

Enter your FTP password and click "Proceed" and SMF should be able to fix the permissions for you.

I've done that, that doesn't work and i'll try ur steps the other guy @ pkrack.

pkrack

What appeared when you submited the password?

MΣXI PЯӨD

pk rack, thanks, all i needed to do was add the temp file like u said. and now its working, weird.

pkrack

I am glad that i was able to help you. You always Wellcome :-)

Advertisement: