News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

New members sending PM's

Started by Gatlin1, March 05, 2012, 12:31:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARG01

Recently I have been receiving more than the average support PM's. Most from new members that have only 1 or 2 posts. I have noticed that most SMF sites have a set post limit before one is allowed to send PM's. Why does SM.org not implicate this practice as well?

Just curious?  ;)
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

emanuele

Just guessing here: if a member with 1 or 2 posts would need to send the data of a test account to another user he wouldn't be able to.

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

kat

I wonder if an "Invite" thing could be made, to counter that?

As with ARG, I'm just curious.

Kindred

exactly as emanuele says:

Quote from: emanuele on March 05, 2012, 05:30:52 AM
if a member with 1 or 2 posts would need to send the data of a test account to another user he wouldn't be able to.

k@, huh? invite?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Thantos

Quote from: Kindred on March 29, 2012, 01:43:05 PM
exactly as emanuele says:

Quote from: emanuele on March 05, 2012, 05:30:52 AM
if a member with 1 or 2 posts would need to send the data of a test account to another user he wouldn't be able to.

k@, huh? invite?

I think K@ means something like "I invite newbie_514223 to send me a PM" which allows that member to PM me otherwise they wouldn't be able to.

emanuele

A new permission: "reply_to_pms"...

* emanuele runs :P

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

IchBin™

Sounds like mod material. Would work great for this site. lol
IchBin™        TinyPortal

Advertisement: