News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Birthday Color in the Calendar

Started by lacin64, March 05, 2012, 04:25:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lacin64

On the Calendar on 2.0.2x the Birthdays turn to bold when the actual day comes around of a Members Birthday, I was wondering if it's possible to turn the Members name to a color just for the day, instead of it just turning bold? 

lacin64

I've noticed in the BoardIndex.template.php there is a line of code that changes the Birthday Members name to bold <strong> </strong>  is there a way I can add a color to this rather than it just staying <strong> or bold?

echo '
<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=profile;u=', $member['id'], '">', $member['is_today'] ? '<strong>' : '', $member['name'], $member['is_today'] ? '</strong>' : '', isset($member['age']) ? ' (' . $member['age'] . ')' : '', '</a>', $member['is_last'] ? '<br />' : ', ';
}

lacin64

lacin64

We had this on our 1x forum, but I guess we'll have to wait for a MOD to come out for this version.

TheListener

Kermit

As you already found out you can change that strong tag into <span style="color: #ff0000;"> tag

i.e. in BoardIndex.template.php

Code (find) Select
<strong>' : '', $member['name'], $member['is_today'] ? '</strong>

Code (replace) Select

<span style="color: #ff0000;">' : '', $member['name'], $member['is_today'] ? '</span>

,for color codes you can look here

http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css_colornames.asp
My Mods
Please don't PM/mail me for support,unless i invite you
Formerly known as Duncan85
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

A. Einstein

lacin64

Quote from: Kermit on March 15, 2012, 04:45:41 AM
As you already found out you can change that strong tag into <span style="color: #ff0000;"> tag

i.e. in BoardIndex.template.php

Code (find) Select
<strong>' : '', $member['name'], $member['is_today'] ? '</strong>

Code (replace) Select

<span style="color: #ff0000;">' : '', $member['name'], $member['is_today'] ? '</span>

,for color codes you can look here

http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css_colornames.asp

Thanks anyway but this doesn't seem to work, just getting errors every time I try to load it.

Kermit

Then attach your file to your next post and tell the code of your desired color
My Mods
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

A. Einstein

lacin64

#CD853F This is the color we would like to use

Kermit

My Mods

A. Einstein

lacin64

Thank you very much this works a treat  8)

Viaja

And how change the color event? 

Thank you :)

lacin64

So that works great but the age Part still stays the same color as the Members Membergroup color, so we have a Gold name and another different color for the age.
Is there a way to change both the Member name and age when their Birthday comes around, so that they are both Gold or w/e, and not just the name.

Advertisement: