News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Menu Editor Lite

Started by Matthew K., March 06, 2012, 01:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew K.

Link to Mod

Pro Version: http://www.smfhacks.com/menu-editor-pro.php

Brief Summary:

Powerful & Customizable. Finally, a powerful solution for managing SMF's menu, that is completely customizable!

Features:

• Add Button
    • Button Name
    • Button Placement (Before / After | Above / Below)
    • Link Type (Internal Link [dropdown list] | External Link [define URL]
    • Target (Self, Parent, Top, Blank)
  • Modify Button
  • Remove Button
Important: In the lite version there is no support for menu items added by modification be it direct hacking of Subs.php, or modifications using hooks. I apologize for the inconvenience.

License:

This modification is released under the Mozilla Public License 1.1.

For more information, please visit http://www.mozilla.org/MPL/ or refer to license.txt.

Changelog:

v1.0.5 (r3.7.12):

• ! bugfix: second subs.php modification now takes into account the proper version for uninstalling. (!~./modifications.xml)
  • ! bugfix: the profile button now takes into account default SMF membergroup permissions. (!~./menu_source/resources/main.php)

v1.0.4 (r3.7.12):

• ! bugfix: SMF default buttons don't show up to anyone but admins due to permissions. (!~./menu_source/resources/main.php)
    Huge thanks to Yoshi2889 for letting me investigate on his server.
  • ! bugfix: Undefined error on uninstalling due to package name not being updated in revisions. (!~./modifications.xml)

v1.0.3 (r3.6.12):

• ! enhancement: installer utilizes text-strings rather than hard-text to "help multi-lingual forums".

v1.0.2 (r2.17.12):

• !enhancement: phpDocumentor utilized for all source files. (!./menu_source/*)
  • !enhancement: license added to all package files, and license.txt added.

v1.0.1 (r1.16.12):

• !enhancement: main.js optimized. (!./menu_scripts/main.js)
  • !bugfix: script tag syntax typo corrected. (!./menu_source/main.php)
  • !bugfix: double quote typo corrected. (!./menu_source/resources/hooks.php)
  • !enhancement: multiple "alpha-styled" package headers that were remaining, replaced with proper header comments.
  • !bugfix: invalid XHTML from child link IDs starting with an integer resolved. (!./menu_source/resources/main.php x2, !./menu_source/resources/ajax.php)
  • !bugfix: not all children listed in placement dropdown. (!./menu_templates/main.template.php)
  • !enhancement: on installation, only buttons are added that are not already existing in the menu_items table. (!./resources/menu_db_install.php)
  • !bugfix: target, link_type, level, id_parent and has_children default to NULL corrected: should be default = 0 or 1. (!./resources/menu_db_install.php)
  • !enhancement: PHP closing tag removed. (!./menu_language/main.english.php)

v1.0.0 (r1.15.12):

• + Initial release!

Note: This modification does remove the unread PM counter from the "PM" menu item. The pro version allows you to add it or remove it.

Mentions:

Matthew K.

I forgot to update the Subs.php edit for uninstalling, so anyone who uninstalls this will have two errors in the error log. I'll release a patch shortly. Everything else will function fine.

razors edge

Very Nice. Thank you. great mod

Matthew K.

Not a problem razors edge, enjoy! :)

4Kstore

This is a perfect idea and mod!
Thanks (!)

¡¡NEW MOD: Sparkles User Names!!!

Vlada87

When i install this only admins see all options, simple member dont see now aynthing expect Help (theres no PM, Profile, etc for memebr)... !?

Matthew K.

Quote from: 4Kstore on March 07, 2012, 02:43:29 AM
This is a perfect idea and mod!
Thanks (!)
Not a problem, glad you like it.

Quote from: Vlada87 on March 07, 2012, 05:43:08 AM
When i install this only admins see all options, simple member dont see now aynthing expect Help (theres no PM, Profile, etc for memebr)... !?
I can't help you without any details...way too vague. What version of SMF are you running? What settings do you have? What mods?

Adrek

SMF 2.0.2, clean, without mods.

Installed "Menu Editor Lite", and guest can see only 4 buttons: Home, Help, Login and Register.
Search button is hidden for guests.

Regular user can see only 3 buttons: Home, Help and Logout.

I did not change anything in settings, and I don't see any permissions for modification (or separate buttons). Logs are empty.
Polskie wsparcie SMF na simplemachines.org

the simplest solution is most likely the right one

BaghdadGhost

Quote from: phantomm on March 07, 2012, 11:46:08 AM
SMF 2.0.2, clean, without mods.

Installed "Menu Editor Lite", and guest can see only 4 buttons: Home, Help, Login and Register.
Search button is hidden for guests.

Regular user can see only 3 buttons: Home, Help and Logout.

I did not change anything in settings, and I don't see any permissions for modification (or separate buttons). Logs are empty.

same here

NanoSector

Great mod!

Though I'm also suffering from the problem above on a clean install.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Matthew K.

Give me a minute to run a test case please.

Matthew K.

I am unable to replicate the described on a fresh install of SMF 2.0.2. More details would be awesome.

NanoSector

I PM'ed you the details you requested, hope it helps you with solving the issue :)
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Matthew K.

Replied, the admin login is not an admin :P

NanoSector

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on March 07, 2012, 01:24:50 PM
Replied, the admin login is not an admin :P
Yeah, fixed, I forgot the registration through the ACP failed (where I DID select Administrator), lol.

Matthew K.

Thanks to Yoshi providing details to his website, I was able to finally replicate the issue locally and I have decided that due to it being a fairly large issue, I am going to be pulling the mod from the mod site until further notice (until I fix the bug.)

Matthew K.

Package 1.0.4 Released!
Quote from: Log Messagev1.0.4 (r3.7.12):

• ! bugfix: SMF default buttons don't show up to anyone but admins due to permissions. (!~./menu_source/resources/main.php)
    Huge thanks to Yoshi2889 for letting me investigate on his server.
  • ! bugfix: Undefined error on uninstalling due to package name not being updated in revisions. (!~./modifications.xml)

BaghdadGhost

wow that was quick  :)

testing now

thanks

Matthew K.

Haha thanks, let me know what you find :)

BaghdadGhost

well after installing this whole code above all pages and same issue with disappeared buttons

see attachment

Advertisement: