News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Menu Editor Lite

Started by Matthew K., March 06, 2012, 01:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverKnight

Good mod, i would like to see support for images (icons) to be used instead of text and option to choose where the certain icon\text is alligned.

Matthew K.

Quote from: webquarter on March 09, 2012, 07:55:36 PM
Mod works fine  :), ... but

how do I hide the buttons with restricted permission? They are always visible - or do I fail?!
They shouldn't be, they follow suit with SMF's default membergroups and permissions, what version of Menu Editor are you running? There was indeed a similar bug prior to 1.0.4.

Quote from: SilverKnight on March 10, 2012, 01:26:17 PM
Good mod, i would like to see support for images (icons) to be used instead of text and option to choose where the certain icon\text is alligned.
Haha not in the lite, already a part of the full version though.

webquarter

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on March 10, 2012, 06:26:08 PM
Quote from: webquarter on March 09, 2012, 07:55:36 PM
Mod works fine  :), ... but

how do I hide the buttons with restricted permission? They are always visible - or do I fail?!
They shouldn't be, they follow suit with SMF's default membergroups and permissions, what version of Menu Editor are you running? There was indeed a similar bug prior to 1.0.4.

I´m running v 1.0.5

Prior I used "6 Custom Button" - Mod. I deinstalled that and installed Your Mod and it runs great, but restricted Buttons are always visible ... for guests too. :-\

Look hxxp:forum.webquarter.de [nonactive] the Buttons "T-41" and "DRK" in the Menu should´t be visible for guests and normal members.

Matthew K.

It works fine, those "restricted" links are custom links, and not internal links.

webquarter

That´s right ... and that´s the problem? How about pro-version?

Matthew K.

The pro version you will be able to define associated button permissions, and or membergroups.

Eclipse16V

Nice Mod but many errors with this Mod and the PortaMx Mod.
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

webquarter

Is there a release date for the pro... ?

NanoSector

Quote from: Eclipse16V on March 12, 2012, 04:17:34 AM
That's a problem with PortaMX, post in their topic.

Also, the Lite version of this mod doesn't support custom mods.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Matthew K.

Quote from: webquarter on March 12, 2012, 08:56:19 AM
Is there a release date for the pro... ?
Whenever I got enough feedback on the Lite version and enough people request me to finish the pro version.

It looks like PortaMx is trying to hack the menu, and it's not liking something because it obviously doesn't validate what it's looking for, and just assumes it'll be there (bad practice on their part).

If you go ahead and attach their file, I'll see if I can't fix it for you.

Eclipse16V

OK, thanks for the info.
I now have more mods auftretten found with errors. Unfortunately will uninstall this mod.
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

Matthew K.

Wait, what? Your last sentence does not make sense to me.

The pro version is really pretty close to being completed, but I'd have to rewrite the majority of it since the code is old, just don't want to waste my time if people don't want it.

BaghdadGhost

we would love such a pro mod  :)

Matthew K.

I'll have to see how my time goes, it would require a fair amount of work to finish to the standard I would want it at.

BaghdadGhost

feline

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on March 12, 2012, 01:40:04 PM
It looks like PortaMx is trying to hack the menu, and it's not liking something because it obviously doesn't validate what it's looking for, and just assumes it'll be there (bad practice on their part).
Your Mod destroy the array keys .. replace the names with numbers .. THAT is not our Problem, it's yours,  if you modify the button array ...

Matthew K.

I was thinking ADK portal, not PortaMX, I apologize. But, it's not directly my problem.

feline

Matthew K.

Eclipse16V

Sorry
Google just translates only what it wants.
I had just written that I have now found more mods with posing problems.
- AJAX Chat MOD
- Error Counter MOD
In addition, it bothers me too that the items are always in one language only.
Well, maybe in a few months it looks different. Now I'm going to uninstall again but for the time being.
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

Advertisement: