News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

I want to remove the smf2.0.2

Started by shubha, March 08, 2012, 07:45:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shubha

Hello,
My site contains the 125 url .Where search engines have the problem more than 100 urls .Therefore i want to remove the 2.0.2 from the footer where simplemachines.org will be there.This is made you. And i want to remove to the wap version.
http://www.yourdomain.com/index.php?wap2

from my site.

shubha

Only urls ,i have to remove it. Not the script.

Eudemon

so you removed smf copyright stuff
this is against the agreement, last thing i heard about this kinda action will result in smf refuse to provide any kind of support to you

admirable

Quote from: shubha on March 08, 2012, 08:43:18 AM
Only urls ,i have to remove it. Not the script.

You are not allowed to Remove SMF Copy Right contents.... It's Illegal step...Avoid to do this..
My Website| JA Technologies
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Do hard work, one day you will be awarded for that!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Illori

you are allowed to remove the 2.0 copyright legally, but the team has the right to not provide support once it is removed.

shubha

No,i am not saying to remove the 2.0

Take ex-

<a href="www.yourdomain.com/credits">SMF2.0.2</a>
and i want

SMF2.0.2
where i want this

I am not to remove the copyright.I have to urls from my site.
where www.simplemachines.org copyright link is always there.
In this site at the bottom see ,it contain 6 links in which 4 are useful only
QuoteSMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines

XHTML  RSS   WAP2

I want the text should be there of SMF2.0.2 but without links same as another smf.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

You can remove the XHTML RSS and WAP2 links by editing your themes index.template.php. We will however not be providing assistance on how to remove the links from the copyright section, and removing them may result in the team refusing further support for the site in question.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

shubha

This i have already done it but i did not found , how to remove the links

SMF 2.0.2 (only links i have to remove not text)

As well i have to update SMF 2012 (instead it show 2011)

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

No, you do not have to update it - And we will not be advising you to strip our links from the footer.

You are allowed to do it, but we will not help you with it.

I am marking this topic solved.

EDIT:
Also, most search engines have absolutely no problem with hundreds or thousands of links. Google certainly doesn't care the least bit.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: