Quick way to Clear many spam posts and topics?

Started by kevoon, March 08, 2012, 01:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevoon

Hello,

Please can someone advise the best way to clear up a spammed forum. I used to have a fairly close knit community and a decent but small forum however after a few issues the forum was taken offline. I put it on again as a blank canvas (I cannot remember if I used the existing database or a new one) in July last year and basically forgot about it due to a lack of time etc.

Anyway, it seems that my forum has grown massively whilst I have been away. There are now over 343,000 posts in over 223,000 topics. I have an average of 77 guests and 24 (spambots) online at anyone time. I also have had over 200 users online at once!

What is the best way to get rid of this junk?. I can't do it manually, the spam come quicker than I can delete.

On a side note, Google has indexed many of these spam pages (currently over 60,000) and according to the website valuation sites it's worth over $134,000 - any takers?

Kindred

unfortunately, there is no really go way to deal with that many....    that's why admins get mods to maintain a site for them when they will be away for any period of time.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

kevoon

So I should just delete the database and create a new one?

Kindred

unless you have a backup of your previous forum before the spam.... I am afraid so.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: