[Paid] 2.0.2 Board Category Tabs.

Started by SikLiFe, March 08, 2012, 02:41:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SikLiFe

sorry everyone, I've been so busy with work 6-7 days a week i barley have anytime at my desktop computer, I've received a few pm's interested in this, i have tomorrow off, I'll do my best to see if i can come up with.

note: this will require jquery tabs, and the edits will only be for the smf default theme,
A great breakfast is always the right answer.

Alb0

Would it still be customizable for custom themes? This looks rather helpful for someone who has a lot of boards, myself included.

Jessica.

Quote from: siklife on April 21, 2012, 01:33:28 AM
sorry everyone, I've been so busy with work 6-7 days a week i barley have anytime at my desktop computer, I've received a few pm's interested in this, i have tomorrow off, I'll do my best to see if i can come up with.

note: this will require jquery tabs, and the edits will only be for the smf default theme,

excellent! looking forward to it
Testing Zone - SMF 2.0.7, default Curve
School & Chat - phpBB3, over 170 mods installed, official live forum

I use the latest version of Chrome

phpBB: Forum = a section; Board = whole site
SMF: Forum = whole site; Board = a section

SikLiFe

It should work on all core variations, or themes based off the core, I have all the steps documented now, I've downloaded the package SDK and will attempt to write it into an a package asap.

at the moment, I'm just learning how the packaging of modifications works. bare with me.

SikLiFe

UPDATE:

I've finished and uploaded it to SMF into the mod section awaiting approval to become a modification, so if it goes smoothly it'll soon be ready for everyone.
thanks everyone that's supported the cause, this is my first public modification.

I've posted it on my own website, http://www.dontvisitus.com, if you can't wait for it to get approved here, however it does require registration to download, maybe i can get some bugs worked out if any before it gets approved here and re-submit the application.

Alb0

This is actually pretty amazing. Installed it flawlessly on my forums with a custom theme. I have quite a few categories and boards, so this comes in handy.

Matthew K.

SikLiFe

I love it to, would like to make a premium version that adds much more features in due time, i'd try myself but with limited sql knowledge it'll be time consuming. if labs interested maybe we can cut a deal. anywho.

I've just got home, so i was able to update the issue with a linking problem pointed out by Alb0, for curve variations & other custom themes, I've Updated the download on my site and also updated the download that i've submitted into the modifications here. however it's still not approved yet, so in that case anyone interested can find the download link board here. it's download public so no need to register.

Matthew K.

Cut a deal for what? :P If time allows, I'd be in.

Dzonny

Great mod SikLiFe, thanks for sharing it :)

It would be great if we could use 2 or 3 categories in one tab as well, for example i have few cats with only few boards, so i would display them together though. :)

SikLiFe

Yes dzonny, that was the original plan,

*Ability to name the tab.
        *Choose which boards are displayed in that tab by Board_ID#

it'll get done either way eventually, but i'd just warn everyone pro version wont be freee lol.

FireDitto

I was wondering what the word was on this?

:)
Second Pass Weyr<br />An AU Pernse RPG<br /><br />SMF 2.0.6 with SP 2.3.5

NanoSector

Psst, I have just finished a similar mod and it's approved... :)
It isn't as extended as this one, though, but naming a category and putting specific boards in it is the same as creating a category.

No idea what happened to the mod of this user though.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Advertisement: