News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Issue 'Finding SMF'

Started by Joey67500, March 12, 2012, 07:46:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joey67500

Hello,

So I have been a pretty faithful user of SMF and recently was given the task to convert from phpBB to SMF, which is proving to be more difficult. I keep getting this error:

QuoteWarning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/var/www/html/forum/phpBB3/config.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/virtual/site106/fst:/etc:/usr/local:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/lib:/usr/include:/usr/share:/lib:/bin:/sbin:/tmp:/proc:/dev:/usr/java) in /home/virtual/site106/fst/var/www/html/forum/convert.php on line 556

Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/var/www/html/forum/Settings.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/virtual/site106/fst:/etc:/usr/local:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/lib:/usr/include:/usr/share:/lib:/bin:/sbin:/tmp:/proc:/dev:/usr/java) in /home/virtual/site106/fst/var/www/html/forum/convert.php on line 558

This converter was unable to find SMF in the path you specified.

Please double check the path, and that it is already installed there.

Thanks for any help you can provide, I'm at a loss, and I hate phpBB3.

Dzonny

Hello there.

I never done that convert thing, but i guess that your path to smf is not right, please re-check it, and try again.

Joey67500

Quote from: Dzonny on March 13, 2012, 04:59:08 AM
Hello there.

I never done that convert thing, but i guess that your path to smf is not right, please re-check it, and try again.

I have done conversions before and the path is correct, it leads right to where the SMF files are.

MakerRedDoT

try making a different fold then put those in their and if it still don't work I'll install SMF for you then

Joey67500

Quote from: MakerRedDoT on March 13, 2012, 07:36:51 PM
try making a different fold then put those in their and if it still don't work I'll install SMF for you then

That resolved one issue, but another arose: The converter detected that your host has open_basedir enabled on this server. Please ask your host to disable this setting or try moving the contents of your phpBB3 to the public html folder of your site.

Joey67500

Does anyone have any advice?

Rivhmy

Advertisement: