Forum causing huge server load averages, plz Help!

Started by PureKaoz, March 12, 2012, 08:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PureKaoz

Okay, so i have been talking with my host and they have informed me that my website is using an extremely abnormal amount of CPU load resources.

I did upload the status.php hxxp:purekaoz.com/status.php [nonactive]

I have not been able to find anything else, although i believe it may be a Plugin causing this. I have started TRYING to uninstall the plugins, though some are failing to uninstall probably because they were installed on a previous version and i forgot to remove them before upgrading.

Below is a list of plugins, and as you can see some i have uninstalled. I will be trying to uninstall the rest in the next few minutes, and the ones that will not uninstall i will note this.

Fix Firefox 8.0 download problems 1.0.0 [ Install Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
2. Guest Registration Notification 1.4.3 [ Install Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
3. InLine Attachments 1.11 [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
4. Remove Help From Menu 1.0 [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
5. Google Analytics Code 1.4 [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
6. Simple Twitter 1.2 [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
7. Ad Managment 3.0.1 [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
8. Google Search Your Site 2.0 [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
9. Add Twitter Tweet Button to Posts 1.1 [ Install Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
10. Customized Profile 2.0 [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
11. Youtube Integration Mod (0.1) 0.2 [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
12. Registered Links 3.0 [ Install Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
13. SMF 2.0.2 Update 1.0 [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
14. Add Facebook Like to Posts 1.1 [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
15. Gamer IDs 1.4 [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
16. Regular smileys to dark background smiley set 1.0 [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
17. reCAPTCHA for SMF 0.9.8a [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
18. Anti Bot: Are You Human/Bot? 3.0 [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
19. Adk Portal 2.0 [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
20. H1 Tags in link tree 1.1 [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
21. FB & Twitter Sharer Mod 2.0 2.0 [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
22. Smart Pagination 0.8.2 [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
23. Add Join Date to Post 1.0 [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
24. Google +1 Topics

Deleted:
Youtube Integration Mod

Will not Uninstall:
Facebook like to Posts

Nothing else removed yet.

PureKaoz

This is showing on status.php and my CPU load and all of the other numbers are spiking!

UPDATE smf_sessions
SET data = '%s', last_update = 1331599002
WHERE session_id = '%s'

PureKaoz

This is a problem that i need help with asap,  i am bringing down a whole webhosting server which could cause errors to the whole node.

tumbleweed

Who is your host and what are they claiming you are doing?
G.C. SOLUTIONS - Hosting Quality Sites Since 2006. Experience Your Forums On A Whole New Level
Elastic Sites Stress Fast CPU/Ram Upgrades- More Info Here.
Reviews By SMF Forum Owners - Read Our Rev

PureKaoz

They arent saying i am doing anything wrong.. juwt that my account is using way to much cpu usage, and its true. I disabled nslookup and it seems to have dropped some. Look at my memory usage though!

My host is host4post, or leyton from hxxp:123com.org [nonactive]

Illori

your host is an overseller, unlimited does not exist. find a new non-oversold host and see if you have issues there as well.

青山 素子

Quote from: PureKaoz on March 12, 2012, 09:18:49 PM
Look at my memory usage though!

You're on shared hosting, that memory usage is for the entire server, not just your account. Also, that load average looks very high, which means the server you are on is probably overloaded.

Looking at host4post, they appear to be a mixed model free/paid provider. If you're using their free plans, then I'm not surprised they would be taking action. Even their paid plan is awfully oversold, so you'll run into issues there. If you want proper hosting, you'll have to be realistic in the resources you need and be prepared to pay. There are many good low-cost shared hosts.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Advertisement: