News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

auto bot trouble

Started by mittal, March 13, 2012, 03:58:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mittal

hi smf

i am using 2.0.2 smf.

everytime auto bots registers and flooding forums. i already started captcha, and also started email verification system.

what i do.....

$f3.3Xp3rT

Try to make registertration ADMIN APPROVAL >

ADMIN >> Future & Option >> Registration >> Setting >> Admin Apprvol .. DONE !

mittal

i did admin approval also but this not works

$f3.3Xp3rT

If so first delate his account and ban him..then after you have done it so that admin approval...so if any one register so with-our y our assigment he cant post and any thing :D

mittal

i deleted all names yesterday and also started admin approval but then also they registers name.

if captcha is enabled then how they registering? wats the use of captcha if auto bot registers??

$f3.3Xp3rT

Post / pm me your forum .Will see yea that!  O:) O:)

Illori

mittal take a look at the anti-spam mods on the mod site, also take a look at the built in anti-spam verification questions

mittal

i searched anti spam mod on site n downloaded key captcha but i got errors while installing so i leaved.

when i try to use antispam verification question, it does not displays while registeration. whats the problem

Illori

admin -> security and moderation -> anti-spam Number of verification questions user must answer
(0 to disable; questions are set below)

mittal

thank u. i just changed to 1. i dont know about that.

i hope this antispam will stop auto bots.

but

is there any other way to stop auto bots

Illori

yes there are other anti-spam mods you can install, search the forum and the mod site for suggestions.

hackrishna

Quote from: mittal on March 20, 2012, 01:39:04 AM
thank u. i just changed to 1. i dont know about that.

i hope this antispam will stop auto bots.

Yup that's the best thing than any mods :) I faced this same prob, untill i activated security Question field :)
And hey instead of banning each bot users, you ban their Host itself. That will stop further bots :)

Illori

and you may also block valid users as well. you are best to use good anti-spam mods to stop them instead of banning them all.

Raul Malik

Always keep a check on your forum as lack of security features may wipe the whole data and your efforts/hard work would be gone.

Illori

anti-spam or spam, is not a security problem that could wipe your forum, and anyway you should be doing backup's just in case you run into a problem.

Advertisement: