News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Paid Subscriptions Bug

Started by Nitesh Kunnath, March 15, 2012, 01:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nitesh Kunnath

The paid subscriptions is not on instant basis. I have made a special membergroup in subscriptions where a member pays to the forum and the forum should assign the specified membergroup to him/her automatically upon successful payment.

The payment gets done instantly or without any issue but the member is not assigned the specified membergroup. SMF member ethankcvds and Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen made me aware that the subscription check process is done via scheduled task and it takes time to initiate as upon specified in scheduled task. But I dont want the system to check for every minutes but to trigger only when a payment is successful.

Cant we make it instant basis ? I mean, not to assign it to get triggered when scheduled task run but to trigger as soon as the payment gets successful. Any way out ?

Kermit

You can set by yourself how often scheduled task should be repeated in a day

http://yoursite.com/index.php?action=admin;area=scheduledtasks;sa=taskedit;tid=10

this page will let you set the time for repeating period
My Mods
Please don't PM/mail me for support,unless i invite you
Formerly known as Duncan85
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

A. Einstein

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

No no, you misunderstood what I said. The payment should be processed instantly. The schedualed task is for all other related actions, but the membergroup and subcsription status should be updated instantly as the payment is made.

If someone makes a subscription, can you see any subscription data in their profile ( Profile -> Actions -> Paid Subscriptions )
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Nitesh Kunnath

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on March 15, 2012, 01:55:59 PM
If someone makes a subscription, can you see any subscription data in their profile ( Profile -> Actions -> Paid Subscriptions )
Nope :(
They aren't assigned to any membergroup :(
I have made a subscription with amount $0.01 and set it to assign to a special membergroup named "Forum Sponsor"
But the thing isnt working out :(

Nitesh Kunnath

The schedualed task is for all other related actions
Which actions ? can you give an example for this?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: die2mrw007 on March 15, 2012, 02:03:43 PM
Nope :( I have made a subscription with amount $0.01
0.01? Now, correct me if I'm wrong - but that will leave you losing money. Paypal takes a cut you know. :o

Quote from: die2mrw007 on March 15, 2012, 02:04:46 PM
Mainly, ending subscriptions and reminding people to renew their subscriptions before they end.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Nitesh Kunnath

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on March 15, 2012, 02:11:28 PM
Quote from: die2mrw007 on March 15, 2012, 02:03:43 PM
Nope :( I have made a subscription with amount $0.01
0.01? Now, correct me if I'm wrong - but that will leave you losing money. Paypal takes a cut you know. :o

Quote from: die2mrw007 on March 15, 2012, 02:04:46 PM
Mainly, ending subscriptions and reminding people to renew their subscriptions before they end.
oooh, fine this cleared me everything I was in wrong impression.
I wasnt pretty aware that paypal charges from the seller account. And by the way, the $0.01 was just kept as test purpose to check if the system is working fine !!!

I will ask my friends to make $1 or $2 and to check if everything is fine.

Thanks a lot Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen :)  O:)

BTW, is there anything you could help me here: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=471305.0

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

You may want to take a look at PayPal pricing https://merchant.paypal.com/cgi-bin/marketingweb?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=merchant/wp_standard&nav=1.3.3#id4_header

I'm not sure about the attachment thing, perhaps you should search around the mod site - and if you can't find one, you can always post a mod request :)
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Sir Osis of Liver

You can set up a test subscription for $0.10 and it will work fine.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Nitesh Kunnath

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on March 15, 2012, 02:20:56 PM
You may want to take a look at PayPal pricing https://merchant.paypal.com/cgi-bin/marketingweb?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=merchant/wp_standard&nav=1.3.3#id4_header

I'm not sure about the attachment thing, perhaps you should search around the mod site - and if you can't find one, you can always post a mod request :)
I did check the mods site and didnt get such mod....
Jesus, how noob I am... I am using SMF for a year now and I still wasn't aware that mod request section too is available in SMF support !!!

Quote from: Krash. on March 15, 2012, 02:24:52 PM

You can set up a test subscription for $0.10 and it will work fine.

Thanks Krash, I will try it for sure !!! :)

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

CapadY

Did you install the "Lifetime subscription" MOD ?
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

Advertisement: