Problems on Traditional-Chinese language pack in BIG5 code

Started by John Chan, March 17, 2012, 08:47:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Chan

Hello!

I am an old fan of SMF since Feb2006. Today I finally upgraded my smf from V1.1 to V2.01, I would like to see thank you to everyone contribute to SMF.

There is a problem on the traditional-chinese language pack, version 2.0.2
http://download.simplemachines.org/?smflanguages;lang=chinese_traditional

Those code are messed up in many files, for example in "index.chinese_traditional.php", row 22-27:
Quote$txt['days'] = array('????, '??銝€', '??鈭?, '??銝?, '????, '??鈭?, '????);
$txt['days_short'] = array('?望', '?曹?', '?曹?', '?曹?', '?勗?', '?曹?', '?勗');
// Months must start with 1 => 'January'. (or translated, of course.)
$txt['months'] = array(1 => '銝€??, '鈭?', '銝?', '??', '鈭?', '?剜?', '銝?', '?急?', '銋?', '??', '????, '????);
$txt['months_titles'] = array(1 => '銝€??, '鈭?', '銝?', '??', '鈭?', '?剜?', '銝?', '?急?', '銋?', '??', '????, '????);
$txt['months_short'] = array(1 => '銝€??, '鈭?', '銝?', '??', '鈭?', '?剜?', '銝?', '?急?', '銋?', '??', '????, '????);

However, in UTF-8 version of the same file, it look's good
Quote$txt['days'] = array('星期日', '星期一', '星期二', '星期三', '星期四', '星期五', '星期六');
$txt['days_short'] = array('週日', '週一', '週二', '週三', '週四', '週五', '週六');
// Months must start with 1 => 'January'. (or translated, of course.)
$txt['months'] = array(1 => '一月', '二月', '三月', '四月', '五月', '六月', '七月', '八月', '九月', '十月', '十一月', '十二月');
$txt['months_titles'] = array(1 => '一月', '二月', '三月', '四月', '五月', '六月', '七月', '八月', '九月', '十月', '十一月', '十二月');
$txt['months_short'] = array(1 => '一月', '二月', '三月', '四月', '五月', '六月', '七月', '八月', '九月', '十月', '十一月', '十二月');

I guess some user may not understand chinese(or the computer can't), if you see a lot of "?" on the first quote, you would know that's a encoding problem on it.
After some check I realize it was an UTF-8 chinese saved in BIG5 coding, that cause the word go into mess.
I had copy line-by-line from the UTF-8 to BIG5 version to fix the bad code.

Should I upload my fixed file at here, so the admin could check if my fixed file could contribute anything to the language pack?

ps, I don't know if it is suitable to post my forum I'm currently working on, I am new to here thus I don't know rules here.

Thank you!
John

Dzonny

Hello there and welcome to smf community.

I don't see question marks there, but it looks strange to me although i don't understand Chinese.

Thanks for bringing this up, we will check this pack and post results.

QuoteShould I upload my fixed file at here, so the admin could check if my fixed file could contribute anything to the language pack?
Sure you can attach fixed file so we can take a look at it. :)

Regards.

Advertisement: