News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Social Buttons V2 By SMFSimple.com

Started by vbgamer45, March 17, 2012, 05:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HorTs

Hi, great mod but I have a slight issue.

The Facebook bit is misalligned, I have attached a screenshot to show you what I mean.

Do you have any ideas?

DaBrode

Quote from: 4Kstore on April 05, 2012, 03:32:37 PM
The mod dont have a configuration page but you can edit the sub-social.php page to set whereever you want...

Perfect!  Working great!

I'd love an option that allows you to disable this mod for mobile browsers.  My mobile visitors complain about it but I love it!!!

lean

Version 2 of this mod detects if accessed a phone on and off automatically.

BinkyM

Hi, 4Kstore:

This looks like a *terrific* mod, and I'm sure it is, but I can't really see it. This is how it looks to me:

This is what it looks like when I'm not mousing over it:

I can send a Tweet with that half of a Twitter button, but obviously, I can't see anything else.

Have you any idea what's gone wrong? No, this isn't on a mobile device. I'm using Safari on a Mac under Leopard. Have you tested on this configuration?

Binky

4Kstore

I do not really try in mac, only chrome firefox and IE on windows 7
Maybe in opera not work good

¡¡NEW MOD: Sparkles User Names!!!

BinkyM

Hi, 4kStore:

QuoteI do not really try in mac

Got it. You might mention that in your mod description, then, NOT TESTED ON THE MAC, or TESTED ONLY IN THESE CONFIGURATIONS so as not to confoozelate people who'll then be bothering you with bug reports, and who'll get irritated when the mod doesn't work for them. It's good developer practice.

Binky

4Kstore

Quote from: BinkyM on April 28, 2012, 02:36:00 PM
Hi, 4kStore:

QuoteI do not really try in mac

Got it. You might mention that in your mod description, then, NOT TESTED ON THE MAC, or TESTED ONLY IN THESE CONFIGURATIONS so as not to confoozelate people who'll then be bothering you with bug reports, and who'll get irritated when the mod doesn't work for them. It's good developer practice.

Binky

I cant test the mod in all OS on ir all navigators....

BinkyM

Hi, 4kStore:

QuoteI cant test the mod in all OS on ir all navigators

That's what a good developer does, tests a product across all pertinent configurations *before* releasing a product. You get beta testers who test for you in those configurations you yourself can't test with because you haven't the hardware. If you can't get beta testers for whatever reason, then mention in your description:

TESTED ON THE FOLLOWING CONFIGURATIONS:

That way, people know their platform is likely to prove less than satisfactory.

Binky
Software Quality Assurance since 1987

4Kstore

Hi binky, i am not a professional developer... maybe someday when i received a pay.... but not now..

lean

4kstore, No problem, BinkyM speaks very much, does little...

BinkyM

QuoteBinkyM speaks very much, does little

I made a suggestion so 4kStore can get his software tested. If that's "doing very little," well, then, I'll shut my mouf.

BinkyM

4kStore:

Ever since installing this mod, I've not been able to use "Modification Settings." (I just get a blank page.) Likewise, I can't select any of the items in "Modification Settings.' I uninstalled "Social Buttons" and I thought to go uninstall it by hand, too, but discovered that there's apparently nothing for me to uninstall. Is there something you can tell me so I can get my Modification Settings back again? I'm going to be needing them ;-) so I'd be grateful if you'd help me out!

(When installing Social Buttons, at the end of the install, it told me it was going to Modification Settings. It took me to a blank page, and that's all she wrote! I've never seen my Modification settings again.) (To refresh your memory, I'm the Mac user who can't make use of Social Buttons because they don't display properly; I just get half a Twitter button and that's all.)

Thanks,

Binky

unformatted_

Its possible to manual install on 2.0 RC3?

4Kstore

Quote from: unformatted_ on May 07, 2012, 03:39:49 PM
Its possible to manual install on 2.0 RC3?

Emulate the version and should work.

simon36

This is a great mod, would it be possible to have the share link at the bottom of the page? Left and right screen space is at a premium.

Thanks in advance.

juliegreen

Thank you for this great mod.

Is there any settings for that mod?

How can i load the buttons open rather than click to open?

Sudhakar Arjunan

Great mod.

Sat perfectly on my forum.

Any possibility to place the logo on bottom, rather being on top.
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

z80z

can anyone help me, please.
what do i have to change for the shown thumbnail on facebook?

Sudhakar Arjunan

I would prefer the mod placed on the bottom of the page rather blocking the top header.
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

mladja037

Advertisement: