News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

updated to 2.02 and getting this error...

Started by DarkAngel612, March 22, 2012, 04:02:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kat

I've unsolved the topic, again. :(

I'm beginning to wonder, here, if there's something weird going on with your host.

I know having mod_security enabled can be a pain in the arse. But, I don't know if that could be causing these hassles.

Can you check, even if it's just to rule that out?

DarkAngel612

host is hostgator

we have a vps with all our forums there

each has its own ip but only this one with all the mods I have installed (the others have some of them)

see images of packages installed for this forum, subforum, other forum and store forum
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

kat

Which of those is the fanta one that's throwing errors?

DarkAngel612

Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

kat

I guess we'd better take a look at Subs-Db-mysql.php.

I doubt there's anything wrong with it, though. :(

DarkAngel612

here you go, cuase today there are more of the same error....multiplies like a bunny couple

kat

Nothing wrong with that.

OK. I'm now even more confused than you are. :(

Problem I have, is that I really don't know much about VPS stuff and how it's configured.

DarkAngel612

you got me...I used it and upload to it and set up some stuff but real novice here and it is managed for me by hostgator

and since yesterdays error log with the multiple listings of its ine, over and over....then the admin section telling me of som more undefined stuffies...I fixed it for those...seems the mod for child drop down menu has its own language file and the software did not really recognize it so I just took what was in it and put it into the default languages index file and so far no more of that obnoxious error.

Also updated my Tiny Portal to the newer version that just came out a the other day to correct a block issue and again still no more replicating error log on server.

Wonder how long it will be gone this time. I am trying to see if it appears after software wants to see something (undefined item) and then maybe see a pattern in this sporadic thing.

Thanks for trying cause many have thought it was something to do with hostgator but it has happened to others that do not have them for host...also on shared as well as VPS and no real mod narrowed down either....just a weird persistent gremlin.

kat

DarkAngel612

well the error about
Sources/Subs-Post.php on line 1279 came back today so I reverted to the original text for that area again.

still getting that procreating error now  same lines in the subs-db-mysql.php file --- lines 132

and for the subs-post file lines 1257, 1259, 1279 (that is the one I reverted to its original code now0

the other two are dealing with convertinng all special characters to html entities...just for hotmail.

still can't figure out why this is the only forum with the error log and none of the other 4 forums

DarkAngel612

PHP Warning:  mysql_real_escape_string() expects parameter 2 to be resource, boolean given in /home/xxxx/public_html/xxxxx/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 132

DarkAngel612

Yes read that one and the other one from beginning to end but they all seem to be talking of one site on one server with one host.

I have 2 forums, 2 subs on one vps with one host and only 1 of the silly forums is acting up so their solution was not very helpful...and got no such error until going to 2.0--for the naughty forum. Oh I also have a test forum on another server/host and it behaves too.

I thought maybe something went wrong...this forum is the one that did not take the 1.1.9 version update very well not to mention the 2.0.2 either soooooo

once more I uninstalled all the mods, got rid of 2 themes (they were not used and one of them may have been contributor to the posts probable answer--it had googles analytical code when I already have it in all the forums)

removed totally all of the files for 2.0.2 then reupped them, installed my Tiny Portal again.

The only error was for the lines about the separate colors for the sticky/locked topics....which I do not have that mod installed but it must come with SMF automatically since it was there from the onset. those topics are slightly darker than the rest of topics.

Anyway any error in admin would pop that one for mysql to pop up and it also kept tossing errors every so often about undefined text and such -- which the others do not --

so that was done about 11:30 pm and so far no error in server about mysql so fingers are crossed that it was just something mucked with the files from the get go.

we shall see how long that stays that way...thanks for your patience and help

kat

It's been a bit like one of the Sherlock Holmes plots, trying to nail this one down, innit?

Fingers and other sundry bits crossed....

DarkAngel612

well like the man falling from the plane said: so far so good

no error log filled with the error message has shown up and in admin only the perverbial "this person is a spammer, please alert administration" so all appears to be ok...will give it til end of week to see if that gremlin comes back.

will let you guys know if that helped or if it just is determined to appear again.

DarkAngel612

well here is the next batch of errors...the very first one set the mysql error to create itself later on over and over again: I have also included the coding for the section with the line in red.

[15-Apr-2012 03:33:08] PHP Warning:  POST Content-Length of 30739448 bytes exceeds the limit of 8388608 bytes in Unknown on line 0

No clue to what needs done or where to look...it may have sprouted from a member going over the post box limit in shout box (TinyPortal)

[15-Apr-2012 17:32:53] PHP Warning:  mysql_real_escape_string() expects parameter 2 to be resource, boolean given in .../Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 132

case 'string':
        case 'text':
            return sprintf('\'%1$s\'', mysql_real_escape_string($replacement, $connection));
        break;

[15-Apr-2012 18:59:18] PHP Warning:  mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in .../Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 414

[15-Apr-2012 18:59:18] PHP Warning:  mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in .../Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 415

// This is the error message...
    $query_error = mysql_error($connection);    $query_errno = mysql_errno($connection);

[15-Apr-2012 18:59:18] PHP Warning:  mysql_affected_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in .../Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 368

// Debugging.
    if (isset($db_show_debug) && $db_show_debug === true)
        $db_cache[$db_count]['t'] = array_sum(explode(' ', microtime())) - array_sum(explode(' ', $st));

return $ret;
}

function smf_db_affected_rows($connection = null)
{
    global $db_connection;

return mysql_affected_rows($connection == null ? $db_connection : $connection);}

function smf_db_insert_id($table, $field = null, $connection = null)
{
    global $db_connection, $db_prefix;

$table = str_replace('{db_prefix}', $db_prefix, $table);

// MySQL doesn't need the table or field information.
    return mysql_insert_id($connection == null ? $db_connection : $connection);
}

[/color]

kat

I seem to remember Arantor helping someone out, with that error, a while back.

Is there something on your forum that could be hammering at the database, slowing it down?

Is your hosting-package kinda "Cheap'n'cheerful"?

DarkAngel612

I read the other two threads concerning the problem, there was nothing really in them that rally had much to do with this.

It mentioned being on a shared server...I have a VPS and no not cheap...lol

I also have 4 forums with the same version, almost the same mods and set up the same with themes too.

Host is Hostgator and they went thru the server settings with a fine tooth come and found nothing going on. They set some kind of setting about logging slow queries?? not sure what exactly but after a few days turned it off cause it did nothing.

Finally they said they think there must be a bug playing about in smf

kat

I may have already asked this...

What version of PHP do you have on the server?

Could it be either a bit old or a bit new?

(I'm fishing, here, as you may have noticed) ;)

Advertisement: