I can't change my theme on my win7 rigs but my husband can on his MAC...

Started by adapa, March 26, 2012, 04:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adapa

Ok, i'm at my wit's end, i can not upload a theme & my husband it getting tired of making  changes to my site.
specifics;
I'm running 2.0.2,
when i attempt to add a theme i get; "Unable to connect to the server. Please try using this URL ...",

I then DL a theme, zipped to my DT & use the "upload a pkg" & get "Package upload failed due to the following error:"Although the package was downloaded to the server it appears to be empty. Please check the Packages directory, <snip>"

Both of these errors happen on both of my windows 7 machines, but *not* oh my husbands MAC.....<sigh> when he's logged on as me to my forum.

My permissions are all set to writable, I've dumped my temp i-net files etc, tried firefox intead of chrome.

kat

Theme's aren't packages, Adapa...

Does that give you enough of a clue? ;)

Welcome to the forum, by the way!

adapa

Antechinus

Actually it would be good if the one area of admin handled themes as well as mods. We have talked about this, and it is possible, but it hasn't been done due to the amount of recoding that would be required, and the fact that there are higher priorities.

Antechinus

Y'know what? As an easy interim measure, it would be a rather good plan to have a simple warning in the package manager section: "Please note that themes should be installed via the Manage and Install page."

Antechinus

Maybe we should move this to Bug Reports just to annoy the devs. ;)

adapa

kat

You could always blame your other-half, for not showing you, properly.

I'm sure that's what mine would do, in the circumstances... ;)

Antechinus

Moved to Bug Reports. Not really a bug as such, but we do get this sort of confusion every so often. I'd call it a minor usability issue.

Quote from: Antechinus on March 26, 2012, 04:47:42 PM
Y'know what? As an easy interim measure, it would be a rather good plan to have a simple warning in the package manager section: "Please note that themes should be installed via the Manage and Install page."

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Antechinus

Now we just have to wait for someone to try and install a mod via the Themes page. :D

kat

This kinda echoes why I never switched to SMV v2.

To me, the way the admin section is laid out seems totally... dare I say...

emanuele

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

emanuele

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

IchBin™

IchBin™        TinyPortal

Advertisement: