SMF Online Manual -- FAQs available

Started by Angelina Belle, March 30, 2012, 07:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelina Belle

To help you find answers to your questions faster, the SMF team has put many common problems in the FAQ category of the online manual.

You can find them all at http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Category:FAQ

Here is a selection of FAQs currently available:

A
B
C
D
E
F
H
I
J
K
L

M
O
P
R
S
T
U
V
W
X
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

Ashley S

Good job on the FAQ's AngelinaBelle.
This will help the newbies ;)

Angelina Belle

I hope so.  As time passes, we will be trying to make the FAQs even more organized.
Want to join that discussion? Check out http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=202.0
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

ddabcd277

Is there a pdf or a doc version of the manual?

Thanks,

Angelina Belle

The manual is currently only available in Wiki format. At this time, we have no way to produce a pdf or doc version of the manual.

The CC-BY-SA 3.0 license on our wiki content means that you are welcome to download all the content, if you want to produce a local copy.

DVD_GR

can you put some info also about bulk mail cron queuing ? thanks a lot!

Blackburn

Gerçek mutluluk mal ve mülke sahip olmak ile değil,akıl ve erdeme sahip olmak ile mümkündür.
Slax Tr - Slax Türkiye Topluluğu adresinden usb ile bile çalışan işletim sisteminin Türkiye sitesine ulaşabilirsin.
Özgür yaşam,özgür insan.

Angelina Belle

Thanks for the kind words.  You know, I didn't write them myself.
I did help copy some documentation from the old online documentation  site, and check through the copied documentation, and help coordinate others helping with this work.  That's been my role -- doc coordinator.

Frank496

Colin

Quote from: Frank496 on October 22, 2012, 12:03:47 AM
I edited your post to remove the multiple random broken image links which possibly were intended to spam. You can always view the manual online, but as of now, there isn't a downloadable version.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

gerryclement

Regarding Integrating Your Site and Forum - Visually: can this be updated please?

It would also be helpful if the author explained exactly where the files he is referring to are located. In 2.0.4, there is no style.css in the Themes directory.

In the section 'Moving to Your Layout', the author starts wittering on about the index template - where is that?

Nicholaus

Ninja ZX-10RR

Awesome topic and list. A little annoying detail... You messed something up with "list" BBCode tags between letters E and F because letters from F to Z are shown as if they were a list of the E letter.
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Illori

Quote from: Flavio93Zena on May 23, 2014, 04:32:57 AM
Awesome topic and list. A little annoying detail... You messed something up with "list" BBCode tags between letters E and F because letters from F to Z are shown as if they were a list of the E letter.

must have been fixed already.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Yep i see Kindred edited it for good :) nothing to add.
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

JonnyRich

Brilliant thanks for the info ive just downloaded smf and this basicly covers all the basics and more thanks!

SMiFFER

This helped me a lot.

Many thanks!
Quote of the day: A troll is an obstinate bloke who only hungers for your attention. If you feed him, he will puke all over you!

landyvlad

Hi not sure where to report this looking at the wiki for v2 here
http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/SMF2.0:Main_Page

Looking in INSTALLING SMF section, I clicked on: Requirements and recommendations

and got this:
QuoteThe wiki.simplemachines.org page isn't working

wiki.simplemachines.org is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500

which is kind of a bugger since I need to know.... LOL
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Arantor

Wiki tells me that page doesn't exist...

Illori

Advertisement: