News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Font

Started by danwsc, March 30, 2012, 11:38:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

danwsc

Would like to suggest that SimpleMachines make the font size on the displays and controls using text (e.g. selecting pages) generally larger.
I am using a 19" widescreen monitor and find it harder to hit the page selection at the bottom of the forums to go to another page, then to get headshots in MW3.
Things will only be worse with people accessing the forums through tablets.

Having said that, I just want to say that this is a great piece of software and you guys maintaining and developing it are all great!
The response on the forums have also been terrific and this is one of the main reasons why I picked SMF to work with.

Regards.

青山 素子

Most browsers have a page zoom feature that will allow you to enlarge pages to a size that you find best. The fact of the matter is that everyone's eyes are different, as well as monitors. What looks good on a 17in 1024x768 display will potentially be uncomfortably small on a 21in 1920x1080 display.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Acrodox

Quote from: 青山 素子 on April 06, 2012, 02:25:12 AM
Most browsers have a page zoom feature that will allow you to enlarge pages to a size that you find best. The fact of the matter is that everyone's eyes are different, as well as monitors. What looks good on a 17in 1024x768 display will potentially be uncomfortably small on a 21in 1920x1080 display.

basically, if its too small, hold cntrl + (scroll in). See if thats better, scroll out to fix if its too big.

Douglas

Now, from another POV...

Speaking as someone that is visually impaired, I actually find that the font size, as it stands, is perfect (though I would like to see the font size for quoted text bumped up a couple pixels, haha).

I have ZERO issues with the font size outside of the one issue above. :)

And no, I'm not using magnification.  Bog standard set up/configuration.
Doug Hazard
* Full Stack (Web) Developer for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond
(20+ Diocesan sites, 130+ Church sites & 24 School sites)
* Sports Photographer and Media Personality
* CFB Historian
* Tech Admin for one 1M+ post, one 2M+ post and one 10M+ post sites (last two are powered by multiple servers)
* WordPress Developer (Junkie / Guru / Maven / whatever)

emanuele

Quote from: Douglas on April 09, 2012, 12:09:05 PM
(though I would like to see the font size for quoted text bumped up a couple pixels, haha).
* emanuele agrees

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Advertisement: