Think I'm going the wrong way about this!

Started by flipper79, March 30, 2012, 03:36:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flipper79

Hi peeps,

I've recently volunteered to be admin of our forum after our admin left. Our site has been left pretty messed up because our only backup was ruined with wrong settings in Filezilla :'( Its Killed 2 years worth of attachments and images.  :'( I've created a test forum space & installed the latest smf 2.0.2 version. I've also created boards, set permissions and restored 50% of the gallery images one by one on this test site.

All I'm missing now is the 'members', Topics, messages database tables etc. but dont know how to go about it. the 'Live Forum' is SMF 2.0 with lots of ?? ?? 's in the version table and the 'Test Forum' is SMF 2.0.2

any help or pointers would be very much appreciated.

TIA.... flip

Looking

Doubt you can fix that without a look at the server and files. Please tell me you made a backup of everything first.

flipper79

Hi Looking Thanks for your reply.

The only Backup I was given appears to be corrupt, have tried following this tutorial http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=374178.0 to the letter and other ways but the attachments are the same every time.

I figured I would upgrade the Live Forum to version SMF 2.0.2 with the Large upgrade package, but I've run into problems after installing my second mod :(

'Google Member Map'

Now all i get is a White screen. (i'm guessing this is because i selected to apply to 'all' themes when installing) But how do i undo what I've done?

TIA again

...flip

flipper79

checked my error log

PHP Fatal error:  Cannot redeclare imb_googlemap() (previously declared in /home/sites/public_html/Sources/GoogleMap20Integration.php:4) in /home/sites/public_html/Sources/GoogleMapIntegration.php on line 52

then deleted the 'GoogleMapIntegration.php' file and alls go again now Thanks a heap anyway

Advertisement: