News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Automatic Newsletter for SMF2

Started by HoverClub, March 31, 2012, 12:54:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheListener

Quote from: Sulfur on January 26, 2014, 05:53:23 PM
ah, so I need to change in the SMF Curve theme in order to change in the Newsletter?

also, another think I just notice, the logo only appear when Im using the SMF Default Theme, my Theme doenst have the logo option under theme definitions, is there a way to use the theme in the Curve 2.0 theme?

thank you very much for ur help

Sulfur pthis topic is for not for questions not related to the mod.

Sulfur

Sorry I just wanted to know why the logo appear when I'm using the default theme but not when I'm using my theme (CoalBlack)

TheListener

Quote from: Sulfur on January 26, 2014, 06:07:33 PM
Sorry I just wanted to know why the logo appear when I'm using the default theme but not when I'm using my theme (CoalBlack)

Use the themes support topic.

suresh1983

Hi,

I installed this mod and also enabled "mailing" with php as default.

I tried to run the newsletter from maintainance>scheduletasks and ask that the news letter is not being sent to the users.

Am I missing out something??? should I enable "Cron" or anything else to make sure that the newsletter is delivered to the users.

Please help me.....

Thanking you for your kind help

Regards,
Suresh

suresh1983

Hi,

I installed this mod and also enabled "mailing" with php as default.

I tried to run the newsletter from maintainance>scheduletasks and ask that the news letter is not being sent to the users.

Am I missing out something??? should I enable "Cron" or anything else to make sure that the newsletter is delivered to the users.

Also, I am unable to find the link to subscribe for newsletter in the forum/profile of users, it is only showing during registration

Please help me.....

Thanking you for your kind help

Regards,
Suresh

HoverClub

How many people do you have registered to receive the newsletter (shows at bottom of mod admin page).  The scheduled task only checks the list of users who have subscribed to the newsletter and ONLY sends when it's time to do so - i.e. 7 days, 2 weeks, etc. after each person subscribed.

The subscribe links will show on registration (if set) and on the forum board list page (top or bottom as set in the mod settings).

Check that the normal forum email system is working by subscribing to a topic and making new posts (and set your profile to allow email notifications of new posts).  If the SMF email system isn't working then this mod won't work.

suresh1983

Hi,

I have around 500 users who have agreed to receive the latest news of my website through one of the social networking website. All users have shared their email ids.

Please let me know how to manually enter the email ids so that they will receive the newsletters.

If I have to enter the email id's into database, please let me know the same provided that registration of the users should not be required.

HoverClub

Enter their email address into the newsletter subscription box on your website - you can manually register anyone if you aren't logged in.

mlsred

Hi

Thanks for the mod.. :D

I have an issue with the unsubscribe link in the email that is sent, in that it doesn't work and appears incomplete?

The link in the email is as follows-> ?action=NewsSubscribe;unsubscribe;[email protected]

It seems to be missing the url to my forum?

Any ideas?

Thanks
M

HoverClub

Looks like the $boardurl  (forum URL in "Database and Paths" settings page isn't setup correctly OR there is a server configuration issue somewhere (server URL doesn't match the latter).  I'm surprised anything works properly as the email uses $scripturl which is used by almost every link in every page!

mlsred

Hi

Thanks for the reply, my forum URL is set to: http://www.psoriasis-help.org.uk/forum in the forum url setting and everything else works fine?

Thanks
M

Sudhakar Arjunan

Any update for 2.0 smf

And any chance of mailchimp integration for sending newsletter api.
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

luuuciano

I do not know why,,,,, but I am selecting a few forums in "Don't include videos from these boards:" and changes are not saved at all...
Any idea?

Quote from: A.SK on November 27, 2014, 10:35:39 AM
Any update for 2.0 smf

You can emulate 2.0.5 and install it
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

Sudhakar Arjunan

Thank a lot luuuciano,

Will try emulating now.
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

HoverClub

Quote from: luuuciano on January 21, 2015, 07:09:21 PM
I do not know why,,,,, but I am selecting a few forums in "Don't include videos from these boards:" and changes are not saved at all...
Any idea?
It's caused by a bug in the 2.0.8->2.0.9 patch - see HERE for description and fix.

luuuciano

Quote from: HoverClub on January 22, 2015, 08:48:44 AM
Quote from: luuuciano on January 21, 2015, 07:09:21 PM
Any idea?
It's caused by a bug in the 2.0.8->2.0.9 patch - see HERE for description and fix.

Oh, Thanks!
I have erased that 1st line in the ManageServer file, then upload it... but I do not know if it is working properly... the select boards (to be ignored) should remain selected after saving it?

Oooops, my bad... erased "$context['config_vars'][$config_var[1]]['name'] .= '[]';" too by mistake :)

It is alive! thanks a lot HoverClub

Ohhhh, BTW... I am using simplesef, and the "[Delete a recipient from the mailing list.]" do not work properly... it is redirecting to main admin page...
Should I add some action to the advanced simplesef section?

BTW2, the mod queries the DB for each news sent? can this cause a possible server hammering?

SOLVED BTW3, in our forum it shows the monthly option as default... can be this changed to weekly for example? I am not so sure where to change here (btw, we added a daily option):

<input type="submit" class="button_submit" name="subscribe" value="' . $txt['newsubscribe_mod_subscribe'] .'"/>' .
$txt['newsubscribe_mod_daily'] . '<Input type="radio" name ="period" value="1"' . (($context['user']['newsltr']['period'] == 1) ? ' checked="checked"' :'')  . '>' .
$txt['newsubscribe_mod_week'] . '<Input type="radio" name ="period" value="7"' . (($context['user']['newsltr']['period'] == 7) ? ' checked="checked"' :'')  . '>' .
$txt['newsubscribe_mod_fort'] . '<input type="radio" name ="period" value="14"' . (($context['user']['newsltr']['period'] == 14) ? ' checked="checked"' :'')  . '>' .
$txt['newsubscribe_mod_month'] . '<input type="radio" name ="period" value="30"' . ((empty($context['user']['newsltr']['period']) OR $context['user']['newsltr']['period'] == 30) ? ' checked="checked"' : '')  . '>';

It is made by the "something OR anotherthing" of the last line?
YES :)

Here we changed it to daily as default
<input type="submit" class="button_submit" name="subscribe" value="' . $txt['newsubscribe_mod_subscribe'] .'"/>' .
$txt['newsubscribe_mod_daily'] . '<Input type="radio" name ="period" value="1"' . ((empty($context['user']['newsltr']['period']) OR $context['user']['newsltr']['period'] == 1) ? ' checked="checked"' :'')  . '>' .
$txt['newsubscribe_mod_week'] . '<Input type="radio" name ="period" value="7"' . (($context['user']['newsltr']['period'] == 7) ? ' checked="checked"' :'')  . '>' .
$txt['newsubscribe_mod_fort'] . '<input type="radio" name ="period" value="14"' . (($context['user']['newsltr']['period'] == 14) ? ' checked="checked"' :'')  . '>' .
$txt['newsubscribe_mod_month'] . '<input type="radio" name ="period" value="30"' . (($context['user']['newsltr']['period'] == 30) ? ' checked="checked"' : '')  . '>';
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

HoverClub

Quote from: luuuciano on January 22, 2015, 11:34:59 AM
Ohhhh, BTW... I am using simplesef, and the "[Delete a recipient from the mailing list.]" do not work properly... it is redirecting to main admin page...
Should I add some action to the advanced simplesef section?
no idea- check support for that mod.
QuoteBTW2, the mod queries the DB for each news sent? can this cause a possible server hammering?
They are sent from a scheduled task running in the middle of the night - each day only sends out to around 15% of ALL subscribers - which is why there isn't a daily subscription option!

luuuciano

But it does 1 query/proccess to send them all? or 1 query/proccess for each subscriber?
It uses the smf queue?

MESWEB

Error:
Quoteaction=admin&amp;area=modsettings;sa=newsltr
2: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, boolean given
File: /Themes/default/Admin.template.php
Line: 903
<option value="', $option[0], '"', (($option[0] == $config_var['value'] || (!empty($config_var['multiple']) && in_array($option[0], $config_var['value']))) ? ' selected="selected"' : ''), '>', $option[1], '</option>';

fotografo74

Thankd for this Mod!
I have a problem with portal block ( SimplePortal): when i add the new php block i have 403 error page...
Thanks
Antonio

Advertisement: