Illegal mix of collations ... Problem

Started by hackrishna, April 01, 2012, 05:07:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hackrishna

Using SMF 2.0.2. Error Message i'm getting is

Database Error: Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation 'like'
File: /home/epicmaga/public_html/tech/Sources/ManageBans.php
Line: 1710

All the tables are of UTF8_unicode, which table i need to change the collation at phpmyAdmin for fixing this Error...

Thank you in advance  :)

Oldiesmann

You need to change the collation of the email_address column in the members table to utf8_unicode_ci since that's what all your other tables are.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

ziycon

Quote from: hackrishna on April 01, 2012, 05:07:21 AM
Using SMF 2.0.2. Error Message i'm getting is

Database Error: Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation 'like'

All the tables are of UTF8_unicode, which table i need to change the collation at phpmyAdmin for fixing this Error...

Thank you in advance  :)
This isn't an issue with the table collation its regarding a mismatch between two fields, for the 'LIKE' statement to work both fields being used need to be of the same collation. check the collation for what Oldiesmann said, if it doesn't solve your issue let us know.

hackrishna

Quote from: Oldiesmann on April 02, 2012, 12:12:52 AM
You need to change the collation of the email_address column in the members table to utf8_unicode_ci since that's what all your other tables are.

How to change it ?? The column of email_address in members table.... I coudn't select it all together and change the collation :(

hackrishna

Quote from: ziycon on April 02, 2012, 05:47:30 AM
This isn't an issue with the table collation its regarding a mismatch between two fields, for the 'LIKE' statement to work both fields being used need to be of the same collation. check the collation for what Oldiesmann said, if it doesn't solve your issue let us know.

:o It didn't work  :'(

ziycon

You need to check all columns in your smf tables to make sure if there is a collation set against them that it is utf8_unicode_ci and not utf8_general_ci.

hackrishna

Quote from: ziycon on April 02, 2012, 10:22:19 AM
You need to check all columns in your smf tables to make sure if there is a collation set against them that it is utf8_unicode_ci and not utf8_general_ci.

All the tables are UTF8_unicode_ci
Except these three..

Quote from: Oldiesmann on March 21, 2012, 02:34:57 AM

Login to phpMyAdmin
Select the SMF database
Click on "log_reported" in the left column
Check all three text columns and click "change" at the bottom of the list
Set the collation to utf8_general_ci for all three
Save the changes

Changing the collation of all three ensures that there won't be any other issues with those columns.

ziycon

Quote from: hackrishna on April 02, 2012, 12:11:32 PM
Quote from: ziycon on April 02, 2012, 10:22:19 AM

All the tables are UTF8_unicode_ci
Except these three..

Quote from: Oldiesmann on March 21, 2012, 02:34:57 AM

Login to phpMyAdmin
Select the SMF database
Click on "log_reported" in the left column
Check all three text columns and click "change" at the bottom of the list
Set the collation to utf8_general_ci for all three
Save the changes

Changing the collation of all three ensures that there won't be any other issues with those columns.
Does this mean the issue is fixed or still occurring!? If still occurring, if you change the columns back to UTF8_unicode_ci from UTF8_general_ci does the issue still persist?

hackrishna

Nooo .. it occurred two times before
1. http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=468663.0
2. http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=471696.0

they were solved... Now its the third time  :-[

All the tables in the database are of collations UTF8_unicode_ci, except three tables in "log_reported" .. Everything is perfect and working and Fine.
When i ban spam members' hostname, i get the above error

I want to know how to fix that .. Help me please  :'( As Oldiesmann said
Quote from: Oldiesmann on April 02, 2012, 12:12:52 AM

I'm not able select the column "email_address" and change it's collations to "utf8_unicode_ci" .... Its a column and not a row to select all together (correct me if m wrong)...  Can you Explain me that how to change them  :'(

ziycon

Can you also check the collation set on columns for the ban_items and ban_groups tables and change if needed and let me know how you get on?

hackrishna

Quote from: ziycon on April 03, 2012, 05:00:05 AM
Can you also check the collation set on columns for the ban_items and ban_groups tables and change if needed and let me know how you get on?

They both are utf8_unicode_ci only

ziycon

If you would like me to look at the database drop me a PM, have a look at this topic first http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=87130.0

Advertisement: