Cant get gallery to work

Started by leegreaves, April 02, 2012, 03:07:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leegreaves

I need just a bit of help here. Ive created a flash style image gallery that I want to display on my forum. I use Simple Portal as part of my forum. Ive created the gallery and using the created "index.html" file (this file is not part of the required files, it just explains what I next need to do to display the gallery) it shows up as working on my local machine. I uploaded the folders and all associated files to my website and to the appropiate folder. I have a problem, the index.html file explains how I should implement the gallery so it displays on my "webpage" thats where the problem comes in. The program I used is assuming im inserting the script into the head of my webpage. Well obviously on SMF its not a simple matter of doing that. I thought that I might be able to created a "custom HTML" block via simple portal to implement it but this does not work. I was wondering if anyone can assist me in sorting this minor problem out. Ive provided the files that were created as part of this post so that anyone who wants to help me can examine what I am doing wrong. Given time, (several years in my case!) I may eventually work it out, but I would rather get expert help than to bodge it all up on my own.

leegreaves

love this site...no one really wants to help!! LOL call ya self a site....i wont add what im saying and thinking right now! I bet id get a dozen replies if I offered a cash incentive!!!!!!!!

Shambles

Quote from: leegreaves on April 02, 2012, 08:54:49 AM
love this site...no one really wants to help!! LOL call ya self a site....

:o well I'm pretty new here too, but if I wanted help as badly as it seems you do, I sure wouldn't talk that way.

Most members here come voluntarily to help out where they can. I'd be tempted to show a little more patience  :-X

There see... you got a response  8)

leegreaves

that patience isnt required now...i somehow managed to get the gallery working by some pure stroke of luck by myself. It has taken around 10 cups of coffee this morning but ive got what i needed. This topic is now solved.

MrPhil

Everyone here is a volunteer, donating their time to help others. With an attitude like that, don't be surprised if people are reluctant to help you in the future.

NanoSector

I usually ignore people that act like so, so yeah there's another example.

Anyway, if you could describe what you did it could be of use to more members.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

TheListener

love this site...no one really wants to help!! LOL call ya self a site....i wont add what im saying and thinking right now! I bet id get a dozen replies if I offered a cash incentive!!!!!!!!

Another thing frowned upon is topic bumping within 24 hours.

What if you had to go out and someone was badgering you for help?

Maybe it is time for bed and a user from another timezone kept badgering for help. Not something you need if you have a 5am start the next day.

Shaun_Rose24

Quote from: MrPhil on April 02, 2012, 12:59:47 PM
Everyone here is a volunteer, donating their time to help others. With an attitude like that, don't be surprised if people are reluctant to help you in the future.

Ditto.

Advertisement: