News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Index page

Started by tassie73, April 02, 2012, 05:38:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tassie73

Hi all,

I have  had a good look around, and I am unable to find an answer to this, so my apologies in advance if it has been covered before.

The issue I am having is I recently uninstalled ADK portal on my forum and want to replace it with my own custom index page. I created the page, saved and uploaded it as index.html, but..... If you type in my site name with or without the .html it automatically takes you straight to the /forum/index.php page!

Any advice on this one? I have tried removing all other files from the root directory of my site and still am unable to get the index.html page to display.

Thanks in advance guys.

Cheers

Chris

Kindred

you should only have ONE index file in your directory - either index.html or index.php.
There are ways around this, but I don't suggest them.

So, yes...   youtsite.com will indeed load the forum's index.php file.
what you will need to do - if you want a "front page" is
a) install a portal mod
b) install a front-page mod
c) put the forum in a sub directory and leave your front page (index.html) in the root
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

tassie73

Thx Kindred.

I removed the portal mod due to not being flexible enough for my needs and easier to write my own homepage.

The forum is in a sub directory mysite.com/forum

I will have a look for a front page mod.

Cheers mate

Chris

Kindred

Well, I don't know about adk portal, but the other portal mods will let you build a plain front page.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

tassie73

Cheers Kindred. I will have a look about and see what I can come up with.

Probably not the place to ask this, but do you have any recommendations?

Chris

Kindred

I use ezportal because I also use several other mods by vbgamer, and it has auto blocks for them.

A lot of people like simpleportal...
Tiny portal has been around the longest and does a lot of stuff, but is not the most intuitive interface.

Portamx is probably the most powerful portal, but it can be confusing because of that
Слaва
Украинi

tassie73

Thanks Ezportal was the one that caught my eye. I will give it a crack.

Thanks again for the advice.

Safe and Happy Easter period to all!

Chris

Advertisement: