I need a mod where users can click to follow on twitter and like facebook page

Started by neyola, February 06, 2012, 06:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

neyola

I need a mod on top or bottom of smf where users can click to follow on twitter and also like my facebook page.

Visible though on top of the forum will be cool.

Anything available

neyola

Yeah i know what search means. I never knew i had http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=284 (show your social network 3.0) installed but the networks are not displaying and I can't even uninstall the previous installation.

TheListener

neyola

Quote from: Old Fossil on February 06, 2012, 01:17:50 PM
Why can't you uninstall theprevious installation?

Because there is no uninstall icon. Where I browse my packages all I can see is "list files & Delete"

neyola

Thanks.. AFter emulating, It showed the icon to install which I did. It works but this isn't exactly what I want.

It gives links to facebook and twitter page. I want a one touch button to like my page on facebook and one touch button to follow on twitter. No long thing!

neyola

This mod is close but I couldn't install because it was conflicting with some other codes in the php file.

The mod is http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3128

ANy help?

Antes

Manuel edit?

Index.template.php (open)

Code (find) Select
   <div id="footer_section"><div class="frame">
      <ul class="reset">

Code (change) Select
   <div id="footer_section"><div class="frame">
      <ul class="reset">
         <li><a href="https://twitter.com/YourTwitterID" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @twitter</a>
<script>!function(d,s,id){var js,fjs=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];if(!d.getElementById(id)){js=d.createElement(s);js.id=id;js.src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js";fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js,fjs);}}(document,"script","twitter-wjs");</script> || <div class="fb-like" data-href="URL-to-Like" data-send="false" data-layout="button_count" data-show-faces="false"><></li>

Change the IDs/Adresses as you like.

neyola

Thanks for your help.

1. I couldn't find the code in index.template.php    what line is it
2. I think what you gave is for twitter, what about facebook?

Antes

Quote from: neyola on February 07, 2012, 08:02:41 AM
Thanks for your help.

1. I couldn't find the code in index.template.php    what line is it
2. I think what you gave is for twitter, what about facebook?

both included in the code, you are not using default theme i think can you attach you index.template.php file ?

neyola

Antes

neyola

Thanks. I can see the twitter id but cant find the facebook page ID

neyola

Quote from: neyola on February 07, 2012, 11:01:51 AM
Thanks. I can see the twitter id but cant find the facebook page ID

I think I found the fb like but there is  a great gap between twitter                              || then facebook..
Is there an error here?

XHIBIT911

I have the same issue, plus I cant uninstall the f/b..the twitter works just fine but not the f/b

Advertisement: