No mail from forum

Started by goran, April 06, 2012, 01:39:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goran

Hi.
My forum does not send any mail. A week ago I have received from my host the following:
Soon we will be applying new mail rules which will do the following :
1- prevent outgoing email with FROM address (both envelope and header FROM) that's from a domain not hosted on the server .
2- prevent specific subject lines for known spam words like viagr* etc.. for outgoing email .
Note: you must be aware that a small portion of contact forms and similar mailing scripts does send emails as FROM the mail submitted in the form (for example mail from [email protected]) in this case the mail will be blocked and you need to modify your script to send from a local domain on the server .

And in error log I can find this:
http://caravaning.si/forum/index.php?action=reminder;sa=picktypeRan into problems sending Mail. Error: 550 Sender verify failed

How can I solve this? Where can I set SMTP mail server? I have found just settings in Maintance-Mail. I have set this to SMTP, I have also set correct settings for mail server .......? Are there any other settings for SMTP server?

Thank you.

青山 素子

Based on what you posted, you'll need to use a valid e-mail address for the domain that the website is using. Change the "Webmaster Email Address " in the server settings of your SMF admin area.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

goran

Thank you, I made a mistake in email.

Advertisement: