Require name, address, city and state at registration

Started by Flavious, April 10, 2012, 05:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flavious

Using version 1.1.16, we need to limit registration on this forum ONLY to people who are paid members (through another system). So what I need is to REQUIRE the persons name, address, city, state, phone, zip code and email at sign up, and for the moderators to be able to see that before approving access to the account. Is there such a Mod? I searched through the Customize section and didn't find one.

Thanks!

mashby

What is the other system that collects the money to be a paid member? I am assuming you are collecting the information needed to create a new member on your forum? You could just consider disabling registration altogether and taking the information gathered in the other system to create your forum users. Would that work?
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Night09

Maybe use SSL to generate the new user from the details supplied to the money side of things. Just an extension of Mashbys idea above.

Sir Osis of Liver

Or upgrade to 2.0.2 and use custom profile fields.

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Flavious

Quote from: mashby on April 10, 2012, 07:48:36 PM
What is the other system that collects the money to be a paid member? I am assuming you are collecting the information needed to create a new member on your forum? You could just consider disabling registration altogether and taking the information gathered in the other system to create your forum users. Would that work?

Yes, but not within their budget LOL.

Flavious

Quote from: Krash. on April 11, 2012, 01:32:37 PM

Or upgrade to 2.0.2 and use custom profile fields.

So with that I can create what fields I need to gather and make them required?

Sir Osis of Liver

Yes.  You can add additional profile fields, make them show on the registration form, required or not, and there are visibility options so you can control which info can be seen or edited by whom.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: