News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Upgrade problems

Started by marlyred, August 29, 2005, 06:08:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marlyred

I upgraded smf 1.0.5 to smf 1.1 beta 3 public and now i am missing a lot of options in the admin sidebar.  Is this a known problem and is there a fix?

Failing this I will do a clean install of 1.1 beta 3 public as the site is only in a test enviroment at the moment however, is there a way to import the old board configuration from my old installation to the new one?

Thanks for looking

xenovanis

Are you using a custom theme? Have you tried the default theme?
Are you using other languages besides english? Have you tried to set your forumlanguage to english?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

marlyred

Sorry,,,, I will give some more information. ;D

Mambo 4.5.2.3 running on XAMPP for Windows Version 1.4.14 with PHP Version 4.3.11
SMF 1.0.5 wrapped in Mambo using MOS_SMF_BRIDGEv3.19a_stable
Language = English

I have modified the default smf template slightly by changing the table sizes to fit in a fixed width mambo template.  All is working and displaying fine until I upgrade to SMF 1.1 B3 Public when I am missing a lot of admin options from the admin sidebar.

xenovanis

Are you still using your 1.0.5 default theme then? That won't work, there were significant changes in the template files.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

marlyred

OK, thanks. I will give it a try.

P.S When is the next stable version expected?

xenovanis

Whenever the developers feels it's done and all bugs are cleared. There is no way to estimate a releasedate.  ;)

Advertisement: