News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Update permissions

Started by dipsy, April 15, 2012, 10:45:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dipsy

After upgrade smf 1 on smf 2, admin do not have all permissions.
I need to update permissions for group 1. How to update permissions for group 1 from phpmyadmin?

Robert.

Administrators should have all permissions. What permissions are missing?

dipsy

I had installed ad managment mod and administrators are not able to see ads.
Now, admins do not see it. New install mod ad managment is perfect configure but group 1 missing this permission.
How to update permissions for group 1 from phpmyadmin?

Robert.

It's better to ask it at the mod's support topic, perhaps the author of the mod will be able to help you out :) Admins should have all permissions, that's why I was suprised that they didn't have all permissions

dipsy

Probably somewhere in DB is old set permissions and now admins missing this permission.
Installing and deinstalling does not help.
SQL query from phpmyadmin would certainly solve the problem  ::)

dipsy

SQL query for this update is??

Kays

Hi, if the user is an admin. Any permission checks are automatically returned as true. So a query won't help.

From the allowedTo() function in Security.php

// Administrators are supermen :P.
if ($user_info['is_admin'])
return true;

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

dipsy

I do not understand. What should I do?

Colin

It is best to ask the mod author for a specific question regarding the modification.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

dipsy

Author not known
Solution?  :(

dipsy

Quote from: Kays on April 15, 2012, 11:27:06 AM
Hi, if the user is an admin. Any permission checks are automatically returned as true. So a query won't help.

From the allowedTo() function in Security.php

// Administrators are supermen :P.
if ($user_info['is_admin'])
return true;

Any permissions yes, but that not. Group 1 and group 2 had on smf 1 disable ads for individual positions. Now, on smf 2 this groups can not see the ads in that positons. I did install i reinstall that mod. Also, enable and disable ads but problem is not resolved.
Obvius, old settings ad management is there somewhere in the database. How to fix this?

Advertisement: