News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Floyd Arthur Needs Suggestion about best free forum script

Started by stakesrbuds, May 23, 2012, 12:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stakesrbuds

Hello everyone,

This is Floyd Arthur, can anyone suggest me which one is the best free forum script:
SMF
phpBB
punBB
myBB
vBulletin

Please help me to find which one is best and SEO friendly script to get the higher rank in search engine.

I am looking for the following key features:
- SEO friendly
- easy to control
- Add on new themes
- Have a good admin panel
- Easy to manage the massive forum posts

When i come across SMF then it looks better. But i am little bit confused to use it. So please give me your ideas for choosing the best one.

Thanks

Suki

Hello, welcome to SMF.

The best forum software for you is the one that suits your needs, if you find SMF easy to use then use it, if you find another software easy to use then use that software, it really depends on you rather than the software.

Try them all, test them all, find the one you feel more comfortable with.

If you find SMF confusing you can always ask here in the community.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Adrek

Quote from: stakesrbuds on May 23, 2012, 12:54:51 PM
can anyone suggest me which one is the best free forum script:
SMF
phpBB
punBB
myBB
vBulletin

vBulletin isn't free software
Polskie wsparcie SMF na simplemachines.org

the simplest solution is most likely the right one

stakesrbuds

Yes... vBulletin is not free.. only a demo version is available  :-\

Kindred

Also, forum SEO is nearly pointless, regardless of what some pundits want to claim... so, basing your forum review on "seo" is not really a valid review. You get a higher rank by having better CONTENT.

As for the rest of it, it's all personal opinion as to whether it does what you want.
Personally, I think SMF is the best in all categories.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: