News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

changing forum name?

Started by indygreen, August 29, 2005, 04:01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

indygreen

hello all,

i just installed smf and have a quick question.  how can i change the name of my forum?  right now, it's set to the default, "My Community".  i've searched through the admin section but was unable to find info on how to do this.

thanks for your help.

dtm.exe

Admin > Server Settings

You'll find it there :).

indygreen

that was it!  thanks, man!!  i was about to go blind looking at all the settings.......

1MileCrash

The only thing php can't do is tell you how much milk is left in the fridge.

dtm.exe

Quote from: indygreen on August 29, 2005, 04:13:13 PM
that was it!  thanks, man!!  i was about to go blind looking at all the settings.......

Not a problem ;).

indygreen

Quote from: Tippmaster on August 29, 2005, 04:15:46 PM
ctrl + f is your friend  ;)

ummmmm.....okay?  i know about that function but how would it have helped me here?  executing that command on my linux box running firefox just opens up the "find" function for firefox.

just wondering.......

thanks.

1MileCrash

because there are alot of options in smf. You could have just went to Server Settings and ctrl + f name. Voila. It's gets annoying looking through so many options imo.
The only thing php can't do is tell you how much milk is left in the fridge.

indygreen

Quote from: Tippmaster on August 31, 2005, 03:42:25 PM
because there are alot of options in smf. You could have just went to Server Settings and ctrl + f name. Voila. It's gets annoying looking through so many options imo.

ahhh, okay.  now i get what you were talking about.  i agree.....sometimes it's nice having so many options but they can be a pain looking through...

thanks for the help!

Advertisement: