error when trying to submit a mod

Started by Pipke, April 20, 2012, 03:18:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pipke

An Error Has Occurred!
We have detected that your package id contains spaces. Please remove the space and reupload the file again. The correct format is authorName:modName

i dont have any spaces in name of the file?

see also http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=474617.msg3318392#msg3318392
"If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry: Worry never fixes anything."

Click here to view my mods for SMF

Hey 👋 Did i helped... you like what i do. You can now buy me a coffee! ☕

SleePy

Its not talking about the name of the file, but the package id you setup.

In your .xml files you have a <id></id> that contains your mods package identifier in the format of yourname:modname.  It can't contain spaces.  Choose this carefully as we rarely allow this to be changed.  This identifier is used by SMF's package manager to uniquely identify a mod.  Which lets you make upgrade mod packages for users among other things that it does.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

mkress

I also think there is a Bug - submitting a  mod takes very long time.

PS: how long does it take until a mod gets approved?

TheListener

Quote from: mkress on April 20, 2012, 06:23:15 PM

How can this be a bug?

As long as it takes the team to work their way through the lists.

ziycon

Quote from: mkress on April 20, 2012, 06:23:15 PM

All mods are manually vetted and approved and due to SMF being a volunteer based project the team can only work as hard/fast as the real world will allow them. ;)

Pipke

Quote from: SleePy on April 20, 2012, 03:32:05 PM
Its not talking about the name of the file, but the package id you setup.

In your .xml files you have a <id></id> that contains your mods package identifier in the format of yourname:modname.  It can't contain spaces.  Choose this carefully as we rarely allow this to be changed.  This identifier is used by SMF's package manager to uniquely identify a mod.  Which lets you make upgrade mod packages for users among other things that it does.

Got it working now, mod is submitted, Link to Mod
"If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry: Worry never fixes anything."

Click here to view my mods for SMF

Hey 👋 Did i helped... you like what i do. You can now buy me a coffee! ☕

Colin

That link is not working. Might still need approval.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Advertisement: